Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Help needed with banner

HOW CAN I FIX THE TEXT?
    Hi this is a banner i made after a long break. I was wondering what to do to make it better and/ or to improve my skills. Should I add another image? change the size / shape / placement of the text? thx (yes i am fairly noob) xP

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...nner15copy.png

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y11.../banner152.png

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...nner14copy.png
    IP

Default Re: Help needed with banner

I like your artwork but the text does not work it is fighting to dominate. May I suggest you try a simple font in just say white or a bold colour with no effects such as bevels shadows etc, very often the simple approach works the best.
    Also keep all the fonts level the fact that you can bend them around should not make it the first choice on your design. Easy to be critical but hard to do well and that’s why good designers are well paid.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by RTW1 View Post
    I like your artwork but the text does not work it is fighting to dominate. May I suggest you try a simple font in just say white or a bold colour with no effects such as bevels shadows etc, very often the simple approach works the best.
    Also keep all the fonts level the fact that you can bend them around should not make it the first choice on your design. Easy to be critical but hard to do well and that’s why good designers are well paid.
    Thanks you are the first person on any forum I have found to actually give advice...you ask for advice and all they do is say things like "i like it" or "i don't like it"...much appreciated
    IP

yes, im loving the overall picture exept the text needs some blending, maybe make the text's opacity around 80-90% and brush over it a little with a low opacity brush
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Syrup View Post
    Thanks you are the first person on any forum I have found to actually give advice...you ask for advice and all they do is say things like "i like it" or "i don't like it"...much appreciated
    .... Nice ears, I hope that was helpful.
    IP

IP

The bottom image works well I would try some other fonts, I would use a font with a style like Impact but I am inflicting my tastes on you that may not work.
    IP