Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Lost Image

Unhappy Lost Image

Hi everyone.

My pc crashed while in Painter, and although I had saved my work it wasn't before a lot of tedious edge colouring. Is there a way to retrieve lost files? I have looked in the Corel folders etc, and in the help section but nothing there. If anyone can help I'd be very grateful
    IP

Default Re: Lost Image

If you're using the latest version of Painter (ie X) then there's a very slight possibility that a copy has been saved to a folder called 'Recovered' which Painter X usually puts somewhere on your harddrive (do a search for the name - it's usually somewhere in your 'my Documents' area on a PC - not in the program folder).

However, I think this is only a very slight chance. If it was a PC crash, not just a program crash, I think the data would not have been saved and isn't retrievable.
    IP

Thumbs up Re: Lost Image

Fes you're a genius . The image was there, along with one I lost when I first got Painter a few months ago (it is Painter X by the way). Thanks a million, you saved me a lot of work

The problem was that my pc stopped responding occasionally, but only when I ran Painter X or photoshop CS2. I could usually ride it out and in time it came back, but this time I got a blue screen. I upgraded my ram today and it hasn't happened since (and it usually would have). Time for a new pc soon I think Thanks again.
    IP