Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slice and dice

Default Re: Slice and dice

Yeh - and that hat doesn't suit him at all..

Hahahaha. Great stuff, Egg, and thanks for the cool idea. I just created a goofy one of my friend's face and somebody else's and emailed it. What a riot!
    (I had to put it in the email as a gif so it displayed in the body of the email itself. .Swf gets there only as an attachment, unfortunately. Unless someone here knows a way to do it.)
    -=Bob=-

I've no idea about sending swf's via email Bob. In fact it depends on how the receiver has their email client set up whether they'll see your gif either. Perhaps the best bet is to post it on photobucket or similar site and email a link to the the attachment.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 24 March 2008 at 02:39 AM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I haven't tried it in a while, but you could try sending yourself a picture from out of the forum (Write click and selelct the location from the properties of the pic). If you get it, post it here then send it. Many websites do not premit it's graphics from being used except from within it's own webpages.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Sending animated gifs in emails and viewing them in emails (in the body of the mail, not as attachments) has always worked for me and my friends. It is sending .swf files that has never worked. I always have to ftp the file to a site of mine and then put the url in my email or send the .swf as an attachment. I was just wondering if anyone has ever solved this and actually sent a flash diddy in the body of their email.
    -=Bob=-

-------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

It can be done with manually crafted html stationary, but bear in mind that these days .swf in emails are mostly regarded as spam by mail servers and treated as such.
    There are many reasons not to do it.

As Egg pointed out, your intended recipient/s must have their email client set to view html (aka: Rich Text) by default. If they don't, they will only see plain text emails, which are the safest (and original) type. Therefore your .swf would simply appear as an attachment after all (if it hasn't been stripped by the spam filter).
    They'd also need the right version of flash player installed.
    .gif is subject to the same rules (minus needing a player), so obviously all your friends have their clients set to view html.

Uploading your flash and supplying the link is really the best method. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/icons/icon14.gif
    Personally I'm glad when people provide links to rich media content, because I get to chose whether I download and view it or not

Perhaps you chould create a new topic in the OT forum regarding emailing of rich media?

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    Thanks for finding that thread Steve.

Thanks for that link, handrawn. I have continued my quest to solve this by posting in that thread.
    -=Bob=-