Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Include file in my template????

Thanks, Bill. I like that setting much better.
    -=Bob=-

Tried again - same result - nothing! It ask me if I want to uninstall the software - say yes - and it installs it again. It says everything is succesfull ??? But still not showing anywhere.....

I am about to give up and are wondering if I should ask for my money back!!!

Helle :-(

Helle did you uninstall Dreamweaver?

That is the key to the fix.

You must install Dreamweaver again using the default location.

Then install the Webstyle extension.

These are the steps that Fletch used to correct the problem on his system:

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch
    I am here to report a success. Here is a brief breakdown of how things went - just in case somebody else is having similar problems ...

1. My initial installation of Dreamweaver CS3 was to a fresh directory, retaining a working copy of Dreamweaver MX8 in another directory.

2. This was a shrewd move in the short-term, as Xara dragged their heels rolling out the DW CS3 extensions. It meant I could continue to administer websites that I had deployed using DW MX8 and WS4.

3. When Xara rolled out the DW CS3 compatible extensions in the form of an executable, the installer couldn't 'find' the CS3 installation despite the fact that I had removed all traces of MX8 and previous Xara extensions.

4. Bill suggested a Registry clean-out. That was sound advice. I uninstalled DW CS3 and then cleaned (and I mean
    'cleaned') the system of any residue of Dreamweaver, any version, any location (in Vista it gets lodged in some pretty wierd places and you have to drill deep), rebooted and then did a clean install of DW CS3 (I guess that's what installation disks are for!).

End result? A perfect working copy of DW CS3 plus Xara DW extensions. I've put the proggy through its paces, editing, adding, deleting, and generally being brutish to the programme and the extensions. No failure(s) to date. Everything working perfectly. What more can one ask for?

Since I was one of the LOUDEST complainants about the delay in rolling out the CS3 extensions, I just want to take this opportunity to say ... THANK YOU, Xara. If this 'beta' remains as solid as it appears to be, then the wait was worth it.
    Last edited by Soquili; 21 March 2008 at 05:46 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Clean out Dreamweaver CS3 completely???
    No, please don't ask me to uninstall it. I have a ton of extensions that runs perfect, and I really don't want to reinstall ALL those....

I don't have older versions of the Adobe/Macromedia software installed on this PC - only the CS3 design package.

I installed a older extension a while ago - which messed up things. I renamed a directory (think it was configuration) and could easily activate all my extensions again....... and pinpoint the one messing up things. Did not need to uninstall Dreamweaver at all.

I don't know why Xara didn't make a .mxp file (like most other extensions)

Could the refreshing of the configuration folder be a possibility? Really hanging on to the hope of NOT uninstalling

Helle :-)

Helle all I can do is present the fix that has worked for other users of Dreamweaver CS3 and Webstyle.

I do not use Dreamweaver and have exhausted the trial versions on all my machines trying to resolve problems asked here at TG.

Sorry but I cannot help more than that.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

don't worry Soquili - you have been a sweetheart. One wonders if Xara support read about all the trouble people have though!

Thanks for trying to help

Helle :-)