Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Please help! PspX install problem.

Hello. I'm new to the group & am in need of some help.

I keep getting an error message when I try to install my Psp X. Everytime I try, I keep getting this message:

The wizard was interrupted before Corel Paint Shop Pro could be completely installed. Your system is not modified. To Complete installation at another time, please run setup again.

I have Windows Vista if that helps. I tried alot of methods through Corel Support, but nothing has worked. If anyone could please help me, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you!
    IP

Default Re: Please help! PspX install problem.

Welcome to TG

Have you tried right-click the setup file and 'Run as administrator' ?
    IP

Yes. I have tried to diable certain programs, also.
    IP

are you running any anti-virus/firewall - if so have you disabled this whilst installing psp? [I would disconnect from internet before disabling it - just in case] - sometimes this can interfere
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Yes. I tried that also. I disabled it & had my programs closed while doing so.

I also looked at this answer, because it stated the same problem, but I already had the file.

http://support.corel.com/scripts/rig...YWdlPTE*&p_li=
    IP

That link does not mention or include answers relating to PSP X, or answers for Windows Vista users.
    PSP X is not compatible with Windows Vista, there is however a patch for Vista compatibility available from HERE
    IP

ah - that might well explain it Steve
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

There is a little program you can get from Corel called zap.exe but you have to ask them for it; it will completely remove all traces of PSP so you can do a competely clean install. I've used it once before to fix a problem similar to yours. If corel won't supply it I have it somewhere that i might be able to find and put online for you. It's a very small app but a potential lifesaver.
    IP

Thanks Gms9810 - good tip, you can download it from Corel support directly.
    Download the ZapPS.exe utility from the Corel PaintShopPro X utility FTP downloads here

*1. Point Internet Explorer to the following location. This will load the Download page of our FTP Server. If you receive an error message when loading this page, you’ll need to enable "FTP folder view". In Internet Explorer Use Tools | Options, Click the Advanced tab and mark the "Enable Folder View for FTP sites".

Information regarding the utility here
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    That link does not mention or include answers relating to PSP X, or answers for Windows Vista users.
    PSP X is not compatible with Windows Vista, there is however a patch for Vista compatibility available from HERE
    Thank you so much for being so helpful. But I have this already bookmarked. I thought that you have to install the patches once you have Paint shop successfully installed, though. ?

If I'm wrong, than I haven't tried that yet.
    IP