Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Signature

Default Signature

Hi, I wonder if you could give me some guidance, what is the easiest way to put the moving(animated) text from xara3d6 onto a signature for a forum evrytime i import texture of the sig the whole screen fills up with multiple images of said sig i just want a sig with moving text from xara3d6....how hard could it be......

Default Re: Signature

Hi

the background texture is tiling?

try reducing the size of your text in xara 3D - or alternatively, import a higher resolution texture

you would appear to have a mismatch between the two
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hello, Learner, how are you exporting your signature from Xara3D?
    Can you post it here? Where exactly is it tiling?

Sorry to ask do many questions but we don't really have much to go on, yet.

Mike

I not sure i should post a picture of the sig as it has the name of the site on it, but the picture is 600pixels wide and 150 pixels high, yes when i load the picture it tiles and i adjust the background image so the text is in the middle of one of the tiles but when i save it with the measurements i need the text is not in the place it should be, in other words i have a sig that is 600x150 but the picture and text have moved, i know you guys are the experts at this so maybe you could try one for yourself and post it here so at least i can see i am not banging my head for nothing......ho yes i also tried increasing and decreasing the size of the text, it seems not to make any difference.

OK, so the basic size of the signature should be 600x150, so you will have designed it to fit in a Xara3D frame of that size. If you haven't actually set the frame, you should do so, click the frame button on the toolbar, and just drag the top and side of the frame to the size required. The current size is shown at the bottom right of the X3D screen.

If your signature doesn't fit, highlight it and change the Font size to something like 72 point till it does fit. If there is a background image, that needs to be 600x150 before you import it into Xara3D, as Xara3D can't adjust its size, though you can move it about so that it is correctly positioned relative to the edge of the frame.

When you export your animation, the dialogue box offers some options, see the image attached.

You basically tell the animation export dialogue to use the Current Widow size, and not to crop the image. At the side you should see a view of what X3D will export. With the settings shown, and given that the image appears correctly in the Xara3D main screen frame, then it should export just fine.

Try loading the exported signature into your browser to see how it looks before trying to use it in the forum. It should not look tiled in the browser.

If it still tiles in your forum page, then that is down to how the forum s/w handles the signature, or you aren't importing it in the correct manner, and I can't help there, I'm afraid.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Export dialogue.png 
Views:	234 
Size:	4.5 KB 
ID:	46651  

Thank you very much for your help now that i know what to do i can make some proper ones here was the example i tried just to see if i could do it

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...s/example2.gif

Very good, Learner, you have got the basics, so now you can afford to experiment, always the best way to learn .

Just a word on file sizes, if you are making an animated image then file sizes can go up rather dramatically, so if the target forum has file size limits you may need to cut down on the number of frames in the animation cycle, and perhaps cut the number of colours down from 256. Another possibility is that if your image doesn't need to be all of 150 deep or all of 600 across, then that will also reduce the filesize.

Mike

Thank you for the info you have all been very helpful cheers