Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: March 16: WhotheWhatheWherethe - Identify this image?

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    I don't know how I got to the answer.
    W w w w What?!

Someone calculate the odds please...

Sledger, what filter did you use?

Risto

A Pixelate filter with different block height/widths

It was pure guess work Risto. It had very little to do with the image, more to do with the clue:

Q: Where did this person go, who was he with when he got there and on which date did he arrive??

*I've not asked for this persons name because if you answer the above, you will obviously know this
    So it's historical.

Where did this person go?
    It obviously wasn't Tesco or Wallmart but somewhere pretty special.

who was he with when he got there?
    Okay, you could be talking about more than two people, but as i perceived the image then it was two people hugging/embarrassing. So go for two people.

My first thought was to go for the Moon, Buzz Aldrin & July 20th 1969. John had already done this and was knocked back.

The other John went for Jesus/ Bethlehem / 0000

The point I'm trying to make is that everybody was guessing the outcome on the clues, not the pixalated image.

Perhaps an 'un-clued' pixalated image would be more graphically challenging if you just want to see how far you have to define the image before it's guessed.

Either way it's good fun.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Actually since no-one else has pointed this out, Egg was wrong! His answer implied that the picture was Sir Edmund Hillary, when in fact it was Tenzing Norgay.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Keith in the OP I mentioned that the name of the person in the photo was not required.
    Part three asked for the name of the person he arrived with. In this case it was Sir Edmond Hillary, which was Eggs answer.
    Though Egg did add Tenzing Norgay after answering part 1, probably in his excitmenet at recognising his Uncle

If you look carefully at Egg's answer, he said he was with Tenzing Norgay.

Not that it really matters, I'm just playing Devil's advocate....
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Appeal, Appeal !

Under Rule 4 subsection 11a (13s) the supplied answers were such:
    Q1: Where did this person go,

A1: Summit of Mount Everest

Q2: Who was he with when he got there

A2: Sherpa Tenzing Norgay

Q3: On which date did he arrive??

A3: 29 May 1953

"I've not asked for this persons name because if you answer the above, you will obviously know this:"

Unfortunately the local Sherpa population and the Everest Mobile Mountain Library Rescue Service [EMMLRS] were not available on that Thursday (stuck in snow again) so the British Ambassador did a search for "Sir Edmund Hillary" into "Who 2 Who" (the online section of "Who's Who") as well as Googling "Sir Edmund Hillary". Unfortunately all searches returned a zilch response (because poor old Edmund hadn't been knighted yet, he hadn't quite made it!)

So briefly he was with nobody. Unless you've a Title within the United Kingdom your a nobody.

So nobody was with nobody on the 29th May 1953 on that glorious day that Everest was conquered for Britain by nobody.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 19 March 2008 at 02:53 AM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    So briefly he was with nobody. Unless you've a Title within the United Kingdom your a nobody.
    Yeh but 'ol Hillary (who only just died this year in January) isn't a pom. He's a New Zealander. So before he was a 'Sir' he was a 'Kiwi'

So technically, as Tenzing was Nepalese and Hillary was a Kiwi, it wasn't conquered for Britain mate..
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 19 March 2008 at 02:55 AM.

Right on Steve, no argument there!

Apart from the fact that "Our" Queen took it as a personal coronation present
    Egg

Ah now we're getting into technicali'tea.
    New Zealand is a constitutional monarchy and a Commonwealth Realm, with Queen Elizabeth II as its reigning monarch, since February 6, 1952.
    Still, I grant you, the climb was all part of a British effort...

Oh yes, she's Queen of Oostralia too
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 20 March 2008 at 02:31 AM.