Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Bless New Member With Your Wisdom

Hi, I need a good graphic design forum to shoot the breeze at, and I have an urgent Dreamweaver job I need some advice on, so any help will be most welcome.

This is the site I am working on

http://www.simonalexander.net/index.htm

I've already implemented some changes, and I inherited the design from the previous web-designer. The client is concerned about SEO and wants to eliminate the table-structure while keeping the same basic look, for now.

So far I've managed this

http://www.simonalexander.net/wedding_magicians3.htm

I've changed the table menu to a navigation list, and kept it to the left as requested. To avoid tabling the page elements, and after many failed experimentsm, I've used a Dreamweaver template , which works fine except I can't seem to reduce the size of the main body so it is snug with the header.gif, ie without the red banner hanging in the middle. Should I be using an 'elastic' one, or can I avoid the two column template some other way? EDIT - FIXED THIS ISSUE NOW

Also the current pages have a background gif that shadows the text of the main header, and I'm not sure how to implement these in a table-free environment. Also I can't seem to get the background gif of falling cards as in the other pages work in the new one. I've set it as background image in the CSS styles and it looks fine in Dreamweaver, but then doesn't show up online.

One last little problem the source code from the online page includes all the helpful tips that are present in the Dreaweaver code. How can I get rid of them? Client wants as little code as possible.

Cheers for now
    Last edited by Towelie; 16 March 2008 at 01:22 AM.

Default Re: Bless New Member With Your Wisdom

Hmm, I seem to have sorted my issues out for now. But I'll be back!

Default Re: Bless New Member With Your Wisdom

Hi Dan and welcome to TG. Your second link just gives a 404.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host