Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Talking Question Re: Presets In PIx3

I have to reinstall my presets due to upgrade to PIx3 (Vista problem with PI7 & 10).

I have all my presets in a folder called PI Presets under each creators name, then I transferred them one by one into a folder called PI Added where they all reside together and load them from there.

My question is: Can I create individual folders in PIx3 under My Gallery (if you don't specify "My Gallery" they will go automatically to "Image Enhancement", i.e., black, red, metallics, textured, glass, gels, etc. and after loading the presets slide the appropriate colors, textures and what-not to those individual folders. You could do this in PI 7.

If so, could somebody tell how to get them to slide over after they are loaded?

I can load them into My Gallery with no problem and let them fall where they may and then do a Manage and alpha them by the creators name but, I really would like them organized into the individual folders according to type, color, etc. - much easier for me to remember where they are when I am looking for a specific one.

I really hope that this can be done!

Thank you in advance for any suggestions and instructions that you might have. Also, if it can be done could you instruct me step by step how to accomplish this.
    IP

Re: Question Re: Presets In PIx3

I am in the process of loading presets into PI x3 but, some of them are not working.

As a test, I created a title and clicked on the preset of my choice and PI x3 will not insert the colors in some of them. Some work just fine and some don't.

The procedure I used (as recommended by several PI Tuts) is to add all of the presets along with their SMPs into one folder which I call "PI - Presets Added" and then load the SMPs from there.

I never had one minutes trouble with presets in PI7 and 10. Am I doing something wrong in my adding process with PI x3?

How can I get this fixed?
    Last edited by Arlexda; 18 March 2008 at 04:54 PM. Reason: content
    IP

Default Re: Question Re: Presets In PIx3

I just bought X3, it still has compatibility problems with Vista though not near as bad as PI10. I had major problems with importing my presets. It was hopeless untill I opened it with "run as admimistrator". Right click on program icon and choose run as administrator. That solved the problem for me.
    Also if you right click on "Gallery 1" under "My Gallery" and choose "New Group" you can add descriptive folders for your presets.
    IP

Talking Re: Question Re: Presets In PIx3

Thank you so much for the suggestion re: PI-x3. I will try that and hopefully,
    the presets will work for me too.

I wasn't aware that programs that were suppose to run on VISTA would have to be run "As administrator". Oh well!

I did re-name some of the loaded presets to put them in order so, I would know exactly what type they were. I love this part!

Thanks again,
    IP

Thumbs down Re: Question Re: Presets In PIx3

I did open PI-x3 and selected "Run As Administrator" but, some of the presets still do not work.

Do I have to "Run As Administrator" prior to adding them?
    If so, then can I go back and delete the ones that aren't working
    and then re-add them??
    IP