Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Only the background with the wood texture I had to create in Photoshop. The rest is all Xara.[img]null[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C_Coast_Gold_2.jpg 
Views:	717 
Size:	157.9 KB 
ID:	449  

Only the background with the wood texture I had to create in Photoshop. The rest is all Xara.[img]null[/img]

Very professional image, Stephen. Was this an actual commissioned logo?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

Very nice! great job on the text.

I know about the East, West and Gold coast, never been to the copper coast. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Yeah, I did it for a guy here in my area that owns a seafood restaurant who is building another one called Copper Coast. My commission was paid off in several dinners and bar tabs. I don't do any sidework really, I have a full time job for a company as creative director.

s.g.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

SG - Great sign! Nice airbrushed feel to the sunset. I see from your bio on your website that you used to be a signmaker. That experience shows in your CopperCoast design. I also see on your website that you are very accomplished in using Imagine3d to build 3d models. I'm wondering if you find Xara useful in your 3d model-building process?

Regards, Ross Macintosh

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Yeah, my work as a sign maker has always had an influence on my design unfortunately it's hard to break out of a mode when you have done it for so long but I try to do different styles when I can. If you notice the braids on the rope you will see they are all similar but different sizes. It took quite a while but it was actually quite fast if I hadn't had Xara. I used the envelope feature to make each blend on the braids fit each one as you notice they are different sizes and shapes. The wood background was just Photoshop using the texturize plugin with a wood texture I had.

The Text Part has multiple transparencies and blends involved to make it look the way it does. I love Xara for what it can do for me and every day I wish I could tell some other artist how much more intuitive and responsive it is to work with. When I use Illustrator or Freehand or Corel, they all are so cludgy and slow and crash a lot not to mention they don't have the simplicity that Xara has.

With Xara's obvious power in vector rendering and realtime response, I can't believe they don't take on Macromedia in a major way as well as Adobe with their new format for displaying vector animation on the web. I think Xara would show them a thing or two.