Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Company Design Challenge

Hi Salaam,
    So 2 fonts are too many?
    If you look at the whole of the top section of the card as the logo,
    then the rest is just one font (clarity.ttf), all at the same weight,
    just at different point sizes.
    The rest of the text (allembert.ttf) doesn't have an ampersand (&)
    so I converted it to shapes and fashioned my own ampersand from
    the letter "a". The top third of the card works as a single entity or
    logo, so as far as I'm concerned, it's just the one font.
    Anyway, I'm happy with it, and it will not be altered.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Bob, if your happy, I'm happy

Here's mine using X3D

Anas
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tg-business-letter.png 
Views:	285 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	46235  

Great idea for a challenge Remi.

Name:	business-card.gif 
Views:	294 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	46242   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	business-letter-head.gif 
Views:	285 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	46243  

Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thumbs up Re: Company Design Challenge

Great contributions, so far. Perhaps we can also discuss some design decisions in this thread and try to learn from each other (from our different tastes, views, cultures, backgrounds, ...).

Let's have a go at it:

@haako: I agree with sledger: a clean design and good colours (although the green colours of the tree in your previous landscape architects design were more harmonious with the colour schema than the current brush image).
    Another useful detail that we could learn from your contribution is, that you have well thought about the content of your "preview" file: As long as the customer isn't sure which layout he likes, one can insert a bitmap image with a low (preview) resolution, in order to protect the original (vector) drawing.

@iamtheblues: It's not easy to say if a Design is coherent and visually satisfying. The problem is, it depends on the taste by each individual and the taste is affected from your environment and also from the local conditions in your country, the history, your age, and so on...
    So let us discuss the comment from Anas: I must say, I agree with him - perhaps there are not too much fonts, but your current choice of fonts looks a teeny weeny bit to overloaded.
    I would say it's often a good idea to pair a prominent heading with a simple text font (simple roman type fonts or sans serif fonts), in order to follow the "Less is more" principle.
    How do you think about it? Is it more a question of different tastes or does it make sense for you?

@salaam: Your design looks clean and modern. The only thing I would miss, is an address line for windowed envelopes (not sure if they are generally used in other countries). Another question is, how would you design your logo in black-and-white? Is it possible?

@soquili: Your design looks clean and reliable. The only points I would suggest are, to think about my thoughts with the right choice of font pairs and the missing address line.

It's also interesting to see, that some of you are trying to change the company name from "TG consulting & design" to "t+g Visual Design & IT Consultancy", "Totally Great Consultants & Design" or "Techno Graphcis IT Consulting & Graphic Design".
    It could be a good idea to recommend the Customer a new name, but it could also be a bad idea, if the customer has already started with his company and already owns a domainname, a registered trademark or something like this. Remember: all you know about the company up to that point is, that the name of the company is "TG Consulting & Design".

Regards,
    Remi

Very good points Remi. Thanks for sharing. It is always good to see things through another person's eyes.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hello everyone such nice designs so far. Here is my design

Name:	TG Challenge.png 
Views:	281 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	46255  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thanks Remi,
    Some useful insights there.

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    It's also interesting to see, that some of you are trying to change the company name from "TG consulting & design"
    I have re-read your 1st post and I now understand what you mean. I think what started us off at renaming the company, was your example of what TG might stand for. I assumed we could all do as you did.

Quote Originally Posted by salaam View Post
    I think what started us off at renaming the company, was your example of what TG might stand for. I assumed we could all do as you did.
    Yes I think this has even caught me :
    ("TG" is only an example and could stand for "talkgraphics" or for a person with a name like "Theodore Goddard").
    Hence my take was that TG = Trevor Gunn

Thumbs up Re: Company Design Challenge

Yes that was where I thought Techno Graphics would be allowed

I really like this thread.

It shows how creative TG members are and is teaching me new ways of seeing a project.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Oh my, I see it's my own fault.

My intention with the name "TG consulting & design" was, to give you a rule which company name you have to use. And it should be a name with two letters, with the aim to set an artificially "constraint" in your design decisions, in order to see which different kind of ways you'll find to handle this constraint or if you're able to bypass this guideline in a creative way.

But the rule with the company name wasn't worded well enough: I wasn't sure if the letters "TG" should stand for a small capital company or a for a single person, therefore I thought I should give you two different examples of the possible meaning and that was a bad idea.

In the end it's only a fantasy name and it's not really important - and not to forget, this should be a fun Challenge.

Remi