Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Can't Unlock $ Templates!

Hi there,

I bought Webstyle4 this morning and it it "unlocked" itself after the transaction was completed but for some damned reason I can't use any of the other themes but the ones that came with the demo.

I click on the $ signed template and then it does the "click on the BACK button and you're template will be unlocked". I click on the BACK button and then a connection starts with the Xara servers.

Then I get the following error:
    http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n.../XARAERROR.jpg

Re: Can't Unlock $ Templates!

I have no idea on how to fix this. I tried to disabling my firewall, changing the way I connect to my router etc. I even disabled my firewall on my router.

IS there another way of downloading or unlocking the templates that I am not aware of?

Default Re: Can't Unlock $ Templates!

Have you contacted Xara Support? If not, I suggest that you do. I think that they will be the only people able to help you.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I have contacted them. Haven't had any reply so I tried the forums.

It's possible that someone may be able to help you, but very unlikely. If these things were easy to unlock, they would be stolen all the time!
    Keith
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I agree with you but I'm more concerned about the error I'm getting. That's what's stopping me from unlocking my content.

Hi Stephan,

The error message seems to indicate you are connecting to the Xara servers but an error is occuring with the database that supplies the template.

Only a Xara support person can work with the server administrator to resolve the problem.

A few days ago there was a post about the servers being updated, this may be related to the upgrade.

Have you clicked on the Update Webstyle button in the upper right of the Webstyle main menu?

That will download any templates you have purchased. I have used that after a re-install of Windows or upgrading my hard drive and need to redownload purchased templates.
    Last edited by Soquili; 04 March 2008 at 12:57 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your help in this regard. I just received an email from Xara Support and they have fixed the issue. You were right about the server error being their problem.

They fixed it and Xara is busy unlocking all the files I need.

Thank you again for your friendly responses.

Kind Regards,

Stephan

Any time, Stephan.
    Keith