Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Scanner

SCANNER ACCESS-
    I want to be able to go directly from PhotoPaint 8 to my Cannon sheet fed scanner. After going through the set-up I can access the scanner but when I try to scan I get a message that the disc memory is low?? I have 12GB available?? How can I fix this problem, it would save a lot of time If I can go direct to the scanner.
    IP

SCANNER ACCESS-
    I want to be able to go directly from PhotoPaint 8 to my Cannon sheet fed scanner. After going through the set-up I can access the scanner but when I try to scan I get a message that the disc memory is low?? I have 12GB available?? How can I fix this problem, it would save a lot of time If I can go direct to the scanner.
    IP

In Paint under the 'tools' ,'options', click on 'memory' and click the 'auto configure' tab. If you have more than 10 levels of 'undo' you're using too much system memory.(UNDO is for a quick undo of an effect, if you need to go back more than 2 or 3 steps you need to use the 'undo list feature'). Click 'OK' and reboot Paint for the changes to take effect.
    If you use Paint 7 or below change the memory settings in 'tools', 'options', 'advanced' and change scanning mode from 'memory' to 'buffered',
    click 'OK' and reboot Paint.
    IP

If you're running Windows on a PC, it is safest to let Windows take care of the memory. It is also not your giga's on the HDD that are important, but the RAM. I believe it is wise to invest in as much RAM as possible. Windows already eats a lot, and so does PPT, and when you try to scan, let's say a 8x12inch image at 300dpi, be glad you're warned before the freeze. If you have lots of RAM, you can assign much more to PPT (options>memory.

Can't you scan to PPT? I don't know anything about Canonscanners except their design...

[This message was edited by Erik Heyninck on January 12, 2001 at 10:05 AM.]
    IP