Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Flash movie as a hyperlink

I'd like the flash movie that I created in Xtreme to be a hyperlink. From what I gather elsewhere on the net, I have to embed the link into the flash movie. I can't just do <a><object></object></a>. I've tried putting onclick attributes everywhere I can think of. So if I really have to embed the link in the flash movie... can Xtreme do that? From what I can tell, no

Just thought I'd ask here.

Thanks

Default Re: Flash movie as a hyperlink

I'm pretty sure you can. Unfortunately I have no access to a windows machine right now, so I can't look and see where the option is in the menus. Someone will be along shortly to provide screenshots, I'm sure!

The option is called "web address" if I remember correctly. You can use it to assign a URL to some shape and then when someone clicks the shape while the flash is playing, the browser will go to that url. You can even put special commands in place of a url to make your flash movie stop, skip to another location, and so on.

For a flash movie you would probably want a click anywhere in the movie to make the jump to your new page. One way I can think of going about that is to make a shape that's the size of the movie with no fill and no outline and put it on top of everything, and give it the web address, so that it always covers everything. However I've never tried that so I don't know if it would work or not.
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

I see it - sweet !

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bdunklau View Post
    So if I really have to embed the link in the flash movie... can Xtreme do that? From what I can tell, no

Just thought I'd ask here.

Thanks
    As always, the answer is "Yes" - we're talking Xara, right?
    See here.
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.