Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Logo Design Ideas

Don't tell your optician. Let others choose your eyepatch.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Tabian View Post
    One of the ways I get my first visual ideas from is to have the name firmly planted in my head
    I suggest you have the surgeons check they didn't leave a few swabs behind...
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.
    IP

Insipration helps...

http://www.gerardhuerta.com/

Check out the book Logolicious.

Google Peleg Top

Be daring, be dashing, be jazzy, be slick and like Gary said...rules are made to be broken.

I get quite tired of looking at what I call clip art looking logos/branding. They are a dime a dozen in most instances.
    IP

ruellesmith is offline Banished New Member (No PMs)

There are lots of sites that shares a free logo for you to choose. You just have to be keen in details of what you are looking for. Either you can create and play with the designs or seek a help from a professional.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Quickgun12 View Post
    Hi.. i provides 5 important logo design ideas here....

1.Usage of Vectors:

It is a MUST these days for every graphics designer to use vectors but everyone doesn’t consider it which is a mistake. Vector designs allow the most variants for your logo. Its best when you want to rescale the logo any time for any stage such as blogs, websites, brochures, business cards, banners etc because one of its best feature is its capability of resizing without the loss of picture quality.

2. Don’t use more than 3 fonts:

Only the unprofessional and immature designers make the mistake of using more than 3 fonts in custom logo designs. In fact using 3 fonts is also much but it’s bearable. As I see it, a multi font logo design gives a real bad feel to the viewers as it looks too childish and amateurish. Thus one font should be used for the company’s name, one for the slogan and even if you want 1 more font than you may include it in any additional logo design’s text that may be your website address or something.

3.Make it easily readable:
    No matter if you have put endless efforts on your business logo design but if your logo isn’t readable to your readers and they can’t understand the logos design, its text and message than it’s a total wastage to you! So must design your logo in such a simplistic style that it doesn’t confuse your clients and they easily understand what your custom logo designs shows, and what your company is all about

4.Avoid adding photos:

Photos and pictorial graphics are not vectors and thus they don’t scale well, then why to use them? It has been seen that pictures have no branding value, so using them can create a problem for you in a long term. What you need to put in your logo are the different symbols that go along with the theme of your business.

5.Avoid using and following current trends:

“Trends come and go”, you have heard thus, right? If yes, than you may believe it once and for all. Following the traditions is not for wise entrepreneurs and it can only ruin your business image in a long term and nothing else. So in order to look fresh, you should come up with something unique instead of using the traditional or current styles. In order to come up with unique ideas for Website logo designs you may GOOGLE so you can look at some good design that will give you new ideas and inspiration.

[Link removed by moderator - Please read the FAQs re: New Members]

-------------------------------------
    [Link removed by moderator - Please read the FAQs re: New Members]
    Hi
    Thank you for that post as it is very informative. I may be looking to create a logo for my blog which is my views on Life, Love and Relationships to help others and that post will come in handy as I try and design something.
    Last edited by Soquili; 31 August 2012 at 09:17 PM. Reason: removed link in first post to forums
    IP

squirrel
    Avoiding Manual Labour.
    IP

try to use easy to read and simple font.Use less graphics !
    IP

try to force logo software. this is new software. it's coming soon. awesome work. you need any type of logo. you can create logo this software.
    IP

Keshia123 - This tread was posted in 2008! SIX years ago. I hope the person who posted it has a logo by now.

May I ask why you are responding to a 6 year old post and do you have a vested interest in force logo software?

Most of us in this forum use Xara design products which are more than capable of producing world class logos.
    IP

I'd have saved three lines of text and just said "Get thee hence Spawn of Satan Spammer"
    Avoiding Manual Labour.
    IP