Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Logo Design Ideas

I'm looking for creative help in designing a logo for my up and coming band. We're named the "Sexy Minutes" It consists of 2 males and a female. We usually play modern rock and punk but we occassionally dabble in country.

I originally designed an old style clock with our band name in it but the others didn't like it. We're looking for something a little more modern that still fits our band name and mentality. I'm fairly good with photoshop so all i'm really looking for is ideas but i won't object to anybody that wants to help out further. Thanks in advance for any help provided.
    IP

Default Re: Logo Design Ideas

here is a pic of the previous design the rest of the band didn't like.

http://www.rockband.com/files/imagec...s/sexymin1.jpg
    IP

You can use some variations on this .. like check out logos of other bands of the similar genre.
    Logo Design
    IP

search via google image search for logos similar to you.
    I hope you will create awesome logo
    IP

Your band name makes me think of some sillouhettes set against a stylised clock face (or just the hands). Band name underneath. Just plain B&W, maybe with the girl in grey.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by tyraa View Post
    Logo design is very important part of anything business or any site. cause many people attract cause of logo. beautiful logo attracts so many people while bad designed logo distract peoples. here is the pic of good logo i find maybe help you:

thats a monogram not a logo - anyway you is spam
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

I would head straight to Barnes & Noble or some other good bookstore and look at logo design books and samples. That is your best choice to stimulate your imagination.

FIVE - T's = Take The Time To Think!
    IP

Hi.. i provides 5 important logo design ideas here....

1.Usage of Vectors:

It is a MUST these days for every graphics designer to use vectors but everyone doesn’t consider it which is a mistake. Vector designs allow the most variants for your logo. Its best when you want to rescale the logo any time for any stage such as blogs, websites, brochures, business cards, banners etc because one of its best feature is its capability of resizing without the loss of picture quality.

2. Don’t use more than 3 fonts:

Only the unprofessional and immature designers make the mistake of using more than 3 fonts in custom logo designs. In fact using 3 fonts is also much but it’s bearable. As I see it, a multi font logo design gives a real bad feel to the viewers as it looks too childish and amateurish. Thus one font should be used for the company’s name, one for the slogan and even if you want 1 more font than you may include it in any additional logo design’s text that may be your website address or something.

3.Make it easily readable:
    No matter if you have put endless efforts on your business logo design but if your logo isn’t readable to your readers and they can’t understand the logos design, its text and message than it’s a total wastage to you! So must design your logo in such a simplistic style that it doesn’t confuse your clients and they easily understand what your custom logo designs shows, and what your company is all about

4.Avoid adding photos:

Photos and pictorial graphics are not vectors and thus they don’t scale well, then why to use them? It has been seen that pictures have no branding value, so using them can create a problem for you in a long term. What you need to put in your logo are the different symbols that go along with the theme of your business.

5.Avoid using and following current trends:

“Trends come and go”, you have heard thus, right? If yes, than you may believe it once and for all. Following the traditions is not for wise entrepreneurs and it can only ruin your business image in a long term and nothing else. So in order to look fresh, you should come up with something unique instead of using the traditional or current styles. In order to come up with unique ideas for Website logo designs you may GOOGLE so you can look at some good design that will give you new ideas and inspiration.

[Link removed by moderator - Please read the FAQs re: New Members]

-------------------------------------
    [Link removed by moderator - Please read the FAQs re: New Members]
    Last edited by gwpriester; 20 September 2011 at 01:16 PM.
    IP

Rules are made to be broken. Good designers do not need arbitrary rules.
    IP

Logo design.... One of the ways I get my first visual ideas from is to have the name firmly planted in my head, push both thumbs into my eye sockets and wait for the visions to come... sounds made but it works.
    IP