Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Newbie pixel question (and manual info?)

Hey! I've been stumbling through using psp x, and it's been driving me nuts. I have been trying to draw something by hand and then when I scan it in the lines are very pixelly. Ultimately I would like to have the lines very uniform (for lack of a better word).
    I attached my pic which I'm still working on. The lines of the skull are messier looking then I'd like. Is there a way to fix them so they appear more clean?

Also I looked at a manual for psp x at Barnes and Noble today. It was the only book I could find and it was $30. Is it worth it? Are their any other manuals? I think the one I saw was by Corel.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...w/nsdesign.jpg
    Thanks for any input!
    IP

Default Re: Newbie pixel question (and manual info?)

There are not many books out there on either PSP. What little I have seen are not very useful. Their manuals are "better". I think your time would be better spent looking for suitable forums or tutorials on line.
    IP

Make sure that when you scan it, you use the maximum resolution that your scanner can use - if it will do 1200 dpi or more use that.

Traditional materials like pencils, will scan with varying thicknesses and weights, as they are pressure sensitive, and the scanner will pick up the lines slightly differently than our eyes do.

I don't think that you have any option other than to clean up the final scan as necessary by hand.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP

Thanks for the info!
    I looked at my scanner and didn't see a way to change the resolution? I was guessing I would have to do it line by line, which is so time consuming!
    IP

How do you 'acquire' your images from the scanner?

The application provided with the scanner often provides options for the resolution.

It has been a long time since I used PSP (Jasc's version 7, I believe) to acquire an image direct from the scanner but I think there was an option for resolution.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Just checked PSP8 and PSPX2's "Aquire Twain" - they both immediately went to my HP software that came with and was installed for my printer/scanner and that software gave me about 12 different resolutions. So my guess is that if your scanner is relatively new, there should have been install software that came with it and should have a variety of resolutions too. If you don't have any install software check the scanner manufacturers website to see if you can get it.
    Joe
    IP