Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Opening Flash 9 Professional files in MX

Hi all.

New to this forum - so hello to you all. Been lurking for a little while - so here goes my first post!

I'm a graphic designer that's just started a college course in Flash. The course work components and the college work files I produce are all created using Flash 9 professional on a PC.

Tonight, I saved my work onto my memory stick to continue work at home. But when I try opening them at home (I have Flash MX on a mac), they won't open? I get an error message that states:

Failed to open document.unlabelled:FLASH_FIREWORKS:myfilename.fla

It's probably really obvious.... but i can't figure it out.

Has anyone any suggestions / ideas why this is?

Thanks,

C
    IP

Default Re: Opening Flash 9 Professional files in MX

I think it is version incompatability. Flash 9 (Flash CS3) has some new features that are not compatabile with Flash MX (Flash 6). Does Flash 9 offer the ability to save in a previous version format?

I'm not sure but I think Flash 9 is using xml.

Adobe Flash CS3 in 2007, originated from Flash 9 Public Alpha with several updates for integrating into other Adobe products, is released as a bundled software of the Adobe Creative Suite 3. This currently-newest version also brings ActionScript 3.0 and a new xml engine to the Flash authoring tool. Also has an improved and optimized GUI like the rest of the CS3 suite.
    Last edited by Soquili; 27 February 2008 at 11:33 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Not sure about v9, but v8 will save as far back as MX 2004. MX or v6 is out.

If you're taking a class, you should be able to purchase v9 with and educational discount. You should check in it.

Best of luck!

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by RedWombat View Post
    Not sure about v9, but v8 will save as far back as MX 2004. MX or v6 is out.

If you're taking a class, you should be able to purchase v9 with and educational discount. You should check in it.

Best of luck!
    Flash CS3 (ie v9) can save as CS3 or Flash 8.

Paul
    IP