Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

PNG Export function not working correctly in 64bit Linux?

Hi

I had Xara Ex on my laptop with OpenSUSE 10.2 and then 10.3 (32-bit)on my laptop. Everything worked perfectly. Now my laptop HDD died and I need to use Xara on my server desktop computer which is running OpenSUSE 10.2 64-bit. the Export to raster does not seem to work. I can not set the export image properties such as the size and other parameters on the export page. I can set it to anything I want in the GUI, but the file that it saves has whatever it initially picked up.
    Exporting to PNG format especially does not work. I need to resize it and save the Alpha as well for transparency, but no dice. It does export and create proper png file, but without any transparency and any pixel sizes I set.
    how can I start troubleshooting?
    Does Xara have known issues with 64-bit? (man I hate WD HDDs... they just die without any notice... WD sux... I blame Xara not working on 64bit on WD brand now because it died in my 32bit system... )
    IP

Default Re: PNG Export function not working correctly in 64bit Linux?

Quote Originally Posted by gorbehnare View Post
    Hi

I had Xara Ex on my laptop with OpenSUSE 10.2 and then 10.3 (32-bit)on my laptop. Everything worked perfectly. Now my laptop HDD died and I need to use Xara on my server desktop computer which is running OpenSUSE 10.2 64-bit. the Export to raster does not seem to work. I can not set the export image properties such as the size and other parameters on the export page. I can set it to anything I want in the GUI, but the file that it saves has whatever it initially picked up.
    Exporting to PNG format especially does not work. I need to resize it and save the Alpha as well for transparency, but no dice. It does export and create proper png file, but without any transparency and any pixel sizes I set.
    how can I start troubleshooting?
    Does Xara have known issues with 64-bit? (man I hate WD HDDs... they just die without any notice... WD sux... I blame Xara not working on 64bit on WD brand now because it died in my 32bit system... )

right... well, you might have better luck with the commercial version of Xara,
    which currently seems to support a vastly greater amount of file types and functionality. They have a freebie try out version for windows.
    IP

Default Re: PNG Export function not working correctly in 64bit Linux?

this question got me curious, so I tried my own suggestion... the try out version of XaraXtreme-Pro has an export option for PNG called "truecolor /with/ alpha" which is shown as 32 bit... this isnt the 64 bit you asked for, but, it does include alpha channel and, on a browser capable of displaying transparency (many dont), the output displayed very nicely
    (I did a transparency gradient over a simple shape).

Im guessing you will have problems with 64 bit until the rest of the internet catches up with this.

Also, you might look at GIF, which also supports transparency

cheers
    IP