Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile A strange gray grid on my workspace

Hello !

I was working on an image and my cursor was dragged off the workspace. After that, a gray area with crisscrossed lines appeared on the outside of my image, covering my entire workspace except for the image itelf.
    I have gone into preferences and tried putting it back to the default workspace but that didn't help. I have tried all the grid and guide options and nothing has worked.
    It also won't allow me to minimize the image, just close it.
    Anybody else have this problem and does anyone know how to fix it ?

I have attached a screenshot.

TIA !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bh.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	45564  
    IP

Default Re: A strange gray grid on my workspace

Welcome to the forum. Are you still experiencing this? I have found nothing on the internet about this issue. I am at a loss. Have you tried the Corel knowledgebase? If you find the answer, please post it for others. Thanks
    Joe
    IP

Typically the gray grid is used in a number of programs to denote a transparent background ........ Ok, that's probably not your question is it? You mean the workspace grid not the checkerboard behind the image?
    Last edited by ss-kalm; 23 February 2008 at 02:51 AM.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP

ss-kalm may be onto the answer. Check your backmost background layer. Did you accidentally change its state to invisible? If that isn't the problem, can you create a new layer and flood-fill it with white, or any other desired background color, and move it underneath all other layers? The fact that it doesn't allow you to minimize is a puzzle...
    IP

The talk of minimize and maximize got me to thinking and I was able to reproduce the screen below. Not sure if this matches your issue, but I got this by opening an image, the I hit the maximize button. I did this in PSP8. You can also get the gray background by moving mouse over edge of workspace until the arrows appear. Then hold down mouse button and drag making the workspace larger. If you then maximize you will get the same effect with the gray background. The image menu buttons then move to the upper right corner as indicated on the screen print.

I hope this helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen1.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	45840  
    Joe
    IP

Hello Everyone !
    This is the original poster. For some reason the forum won't let me post under the other name and the admins can't seem to tell me why.

Thank you for the help.
    It does look like the last attachment posted by Jyoung but there is no minimize button for me use. I use version 9 if that helps. All the area outside of my canvas has the gray lines and no minimize option.
    I can only 'X' out or click the titles to bring different canvases to the front.

I am able to floodfill the base layer but not being able to minimize and having my whole workspace filled up is very hard to work with.

I dunno, I'm very frustrated and getting tired of working around it.

Thank you for the help !
    IP

Does this happen on every image you try to work on? If so, possibly a re-install of the software as maybe something corrupted? I can't think of any thing else to try. I would think pspv9 would act similarly to pspv8. Sorry couldn't be of more help.
    Joe
    IP

With a image opened in the workspace. Go to the top menu File Edit Image Effects....etc Click on Window and unchoose Tabbed Documents. I believe that maybe this was selected by accident.
    Last edited by Millertime; 29 February 2008 at 02:47 AM.
    IP

I cannot duplicate this in PSPX no matter what I try. But there again, I'm a very inexperienced PSP user.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP

I believe Millertime got it. The tabbed Documents is not an option in PSP8 but is in later versions. I did a search and found a tutorial that uses the tabbed document function and may be what calico has been experiencing. Click the link and scroll down about half way and see if that is what you are seeing.
    http://moonsdesigns.com/tutorials/studio/basic.html
    Last edited by jyoung; 29 February 2008 at 05:10 AM.
    Joe
    IP