Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Xtreme won't work!!!

I installed Xara Xtreme for Linux in Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon and it didn't work with either method of installation (.packages or tar.bz2.) It said it installed properly, but when I opened it up a popup window came up saying:

Code:
    Deleted stale lock file '/home/jordan/.XARA-XTREME-WX-xarlx-jordan'.
    I clicked "OK" but the window disappeared and Xara Xtreme never opened. What's the problem? I really need to get it running. Thanks a lot!
    IP

Default Re: Xara Xtreme won't work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by irishwhistle View Post
    Code:
    Deleted stale lock file '/home/jordan/.XARA-XTREME-WX-xarlx-jordan'.
    Hey irish,

The error is basically telling you that Xara tried to run once before and it probably crashed so there is a .lock file somewhere on your system stopping Xara from starting up again (because it thinks its still open)

rename the file /home/jordan/.XARA-XTREME-WX-xarlx-jordan (which is the lock file) to something like XARA-XTREME-WX-xarlx-jordan (remove the dot) and try again and it should work.

I say rename the file instead of delete it because that way if I'm wrong you can just restore it.

Good Luck.

Rabbie.
    IP

Default Re: Xara Xtreme won't work!!!

Hey! That doesn't work, but it's ok since I have it working on the latest (unstable) release. So, problem solved. Thanks.
    Last edited by Soquili; 17 February 2008 at 11:19 AM. Reason: removed unnecessary quote of Rabbie post
    IP