Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new user

Lightbulb new user

I am furniture deisgner by trade and I am trying to incorporate veneer graphics to a file I have created in Autocad. I have a veneer jpg and I have imported my file and converted to a rif. Can someone tell me how to add the jpg(veneer grain) graphics to this rif file?
    IP

Default Re: new user

I'd suggest asking the same question in an autocad forum - you'll be more likely to get a solution to your problem. Take a look here:

http://discussion.autodesk.com/index.jspa and maybe http://forums.tutorialized.com/autocad-72/

Good luck.

Paul
    IP

Hi BuellRulz - welcome to TG

not quite sure what you are asking - I know practically nothing about autocad - but rif is a painter file format, so are you asking a question about painter - how to use the jpg as a fill for example?

if the question is related to autocad [which for all I know may also use rif files] - then Paul is right I would have thought - you would need an autocad forum .
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

I've probably misread the original post. I think the OP may have generated a file using autocad and now wants it in painter. We'll soon see!

Paul
    IP

yes that is correct. How do I use a jpg as a fill in Painter? I do my original sketches in Autocad then I imported into painter to add graphics for illustration purposes. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by BuellRulz View Post
    yes that is correct. How do I use a jpg as a fill in Painter? I do my original sketches in Autocad then I imported into painter to add graphics for illustration purposes. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks
    No worries - the confusion is mine - nothing new there!

Paul
    IP

If you want to use the bitmap veneer as a fill I would suggest setting it as the clone source and cloning it in to the areas you want to fill. The veneer bitmap should ideally be the same size as the image you are cloning into. You would also be able to rotate the veneer to match the angles of your drawing by rotating the clone source.

When cloning it in do so on a new layer and use the soft cloner brush from the cloners category.

Christine
    IP

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

Open your veneer jpg. then Select/Select All
    open the pattern pallet, open it's menu and choose "Capture Pattern" Name and Save it.

It then will be in your pattern library next time you open Painter.
    IP

Judi I got it to work. If I can ask another question? How do you get the pattern to rotate? Do I do what Christine was saying and clone it or is there an easier method since it is saved as a pattern?

Thanks all
    IP

You would need to create a pattern for each angle that you need. Could get clumsy if you have a lot of different angles but not too bad if it's only 2 or 3.

Christine
    IP