Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Page Breaks

Question Page Breaks

Hello. I am new to Xara and I know that it is suppose to really simple to use, but I still get stumped easily. I am trying paste multiple objects into 3D but when I paste the 2nd one I can never get back to the first one.

I am moving the cursor down so I know that is not the problem. When I use the page up or page down button, I still don't any where. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thank you, Leslie

Default Re: Page Breaks

When you use animation in Xara 3d it uses the pages to show front and back. So page 1 is front, page 2 is back, page 3 is front etc. etc. If you use 4 different shapes as different pages or even 4 different letters/numbers you will see it in the animation.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ss-kalm; 11 February 2008 at 12:46 PM.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Actually, Just read your post again and I'm not sure that I answered correctly. If you open the text editor (the Aa button on the toolbar) and paste in from there, you should be able to see anything pasted in, as it shows all pages at the same time. I suspect that you are over writing the original characters somehow. Make sure you hit ctrl-enter between characters or pasted items to ensure that you are actually pasting onto a new page.
    Keith
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Welcome Leslie,

I think there's some confusion here. I believe what your doing is pasting shape 1 into X3D, then copying and pasting shape 2 into 3D. What happens if you do this is that shape 2 replaces shape1.

To paste multiple shapes you need to select the show/hide cursor (a|b symbol on the tool bar.)

You will then get a large grey cursor in X3D's window. You can now paste shapes and they won't replace the previous pasted shape.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Smile Re: Page Breaks

Egg,

Thank you, that was exactly what I was looking for. That did the trick, now one more question? Can I edit 2 or 3 different objects with different styles and color? Right now when I make a change on one it also changes the other.

Thanks again,
    Leslie

Enable the text cursor again and using the shift and cursor keys, highlight only the item you need to change.
    Keith

Thanks so much for the input. It is hard to break the Illustrator thinking.

Leslie