Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default need help making home automation icons

Hi All

Sorry i am not sure where to put this post

I am new to the Xara world and I figured it is about time I learn how to make some cool graphics. but I know it will take some time to get where I want to be.

Anyways I would like to add some graphics to a liabary that pre exists with my touch screen software. I belive the original artist is MIA as I have asked Mario (Cinemar Owner) I am sure someone here can reproduce these great icons. I think I will need about a dozen made that blend with the existing icons Fireplace, window treaments, pool and hot tub etc.

some samples of Graphic liabary can be viewed here

http://www.cinemaronline.com/guigrap...eandmedia.html

Any one interested?

Thanks
    James Paquin

jpacman@telus.net

Default Re: need help making home automation icons

Quote Originally Posted by pacman View Post
    Any one interested?
    In what? Helping you learn to do it yourself? Doing it for you? Possibly the first, negative on the second. If it is the first you are after, you will need to be more specific. Where are you getting stuck?

Hi David

I will need someone to create the icons as I don't have any skills in xara as of yet. I am newer than new as I have no graphic skills as of yet I just lay them out to build screens.

Just a few old screens that I layed out for dvd control

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...Hunter_015.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...Hunter_016.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply
    Last edited by pacman; 10 February 2008 at 07:45 PM.

pacman:

Welcome to TalkGraphics. This isn't a place to come to get work done for free--if you are willing to pay someone, maybe, but you need to be upfront about it.

If you laid those out yourself, you have more graphics skills than you are giving yourself credit for. They are nicely done. Do you have Xara? If so, I recommend taking a stab at creating the icons you want. You might start with Gary's excellent tutorials at xaraxone.com, and the tutorial movies under the help menu. If you get stuck, holler.

Best wishes,
    David

Thanks David

No I would be willing to pay. I am sorry for advertising this if this is the wrong place. I do own Xara Garphic Studios but have very little time to play as I am tied up with layout of screens and programming. I think over time I could learn it and start my own development work but that's a ways off, and in the mean time I will need to get these graphics done. I don't know what it would cost for this, but it possable Mario at Cinemar would be interested in including them in the actual liabary to help with the cost of developement. Not sure tho!!!

I can lay out graphics for a touch screen to give very easy navigation for our clients I just can develope the graphics or flash stuff I would like to intergrate.

Thanks for all the suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by pacman View Post
    No I would be willing to pay....but it possable Mario at Cinemar would be interested in including them in the actual liabary to help with the cost of developement. Not sure tho!!!
    Is that a "Yes, I will pay," or a "No, I cannot pay, but Mario might" (which is basically a "No").