Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Please help first timer

Hello, Im new to this forum and am only looking for some information. Im trying to help my friend figure out corel painter ix. She is using it for a school project. I have no experience with this program, but did mess around with it for a little while. She is completely lost. Unfortunately she is required to use this program for this class. Anyways...

When we load a new project and select the paper color as white it comes out as blue/green. I understand the locked canvas thing I think. Also when we select a color from the pallet it blends with the blue canvas and creates a color that is not what we want. We need to start with a white canvas or get a white layer and have ability to pick actual unblended colors. Please pardon my questions as I am just trying to help my friend out. Any help at all would be excellent. Thanks in advance.
    IP

Default Re: Please help first timer

Check the settings on her display properties She may have it set for 256 colours. There may be something else wrong what I do not know not having the program.
    Norman. The Flying Scotsman
    IP

Good point Norman - need 24 bit color or above for painter to work
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

The default paper color is white. Start a new drawing by pressing keys Ctrl+N or use menu file new. Set the canvas size and select OK.

The various brushes emulate natural media, try using them and see how they work. The airbrush is a nice choice to begin practicing with. The programs Help menu / Help topics is a comprehensive guide to the software.
    IP