Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default All new... and lost

Hi
    I have Xara3D, Corel X3, Illustrator etc., but not Xara Exstreme....
    Am I lost when it comes to vektor logos with more than one color?

I have this 3 color logo with a lion, a crown and some text - and all I can do, right now, is importing the hole design.
    If I try to import more than once - the first item is lost!

Do I really need to buy Exstreme for this?

Helle *newbie*

Default Re: All new... and lost

If you have Xara 3D it should have come with Webster. That will be able to create vectors to import into Xara 3D. I don't have Illustrator, but suspect that it too may be able to cut and paste vectors into 3D (I'm sure someone will confirm or deny this........)

If you use the text cursor (the [a|b] button on the toolbar), you will be able to import multiple vectors into Xara 3D without them overwriting each other.

Each of these imports can have different colours, extrusions and animation options. These can be controlled by using the shift/arrow keys to highlight the required import. Quick and simple example enclosed.

You may also like to look at this thread which covers a lot of the same ground.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Ehh.... Webster? What is that? I just bought the Xara3D online and haven't downloaded anything else...

Illustrator and Corel = no copy and paste! (what a shame - would have been great)

Helle :-)

PS: just looked at Xara's homepage - can't find anything called "Webster" ?

Hi

webster is a basic version of xara xtreme - when you buy xara3D online you will be sent a CD which has webster on it

see this link
    http://www.xara.com/products/xara3d/webster.asp

you can always download a 30 day trial of xtreme from the xara site meanwhile

hope this helps
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi Helle,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

You can export your shape from CorelDraw or Illustrator as a Windows Metafile (.wmf) or as an Enhanced Metafile (.emf).

In Xara3D6 File Menu select Import. Navigate to the folder where you saved the metafile. Change the File type from .xar .web to .wmf .emf in the dropdown selection. Click to select the file you want to import then click the OK button.

Using CorelDraw X3 and Illustrator CS3 to create the .wmf and .emf files imported into Xara3D6 without any problems.
    Last edited by Soquili; 14 February 2008 at 11:11 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks

Got it to work...
    Imported 3 different files and managed to give them seperate colors.

Now "save as screensaver" was/is a little harder. No matter what resolution I choose - it fills out the hole monitor. Is there a trick to scale it to only be in the center and not all over the monitor? Well, like a fifth of the monitor size?

Hope I make myself clear.

Helle :-)

Screen savers always fill the screen, no way to scale them down that I know about.

Rather than a screen saver, if you export as an animated gif file you can use that as your desktop wallpaper and have that centered on the screen.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

What a shame... it looks like "overkill" on a large monitor. One would think it should be possible to downscale it. Look at Windows own screensavers!

I'm making a screensaver to be used at a company. Making it into a GIF - wasn't exactly what I wanted. So that means I have to explain the client that they also have to set the background color and choosing the GIF file as there wallpaper??

Edited:
    I made the GIF, imported it into PhotoShop, enlarged the canvas size. Exported it again as an animated GIF.
    But as far as I can see it is not "easy" for the client to choose a GIF as a screensaver? I work on Windows Vista Ultimate, and it talks about slideshow, choose only those files that are marked ....bla bla

Helle :-(
    Last edited by Helle; 15 February 2008 at 08:40 AM.

on the toolbar you can reduce the size of your animation - the screen saver will fill the whole screen - but the animation will be small - this is the xara default set to 16 point
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ss-16point.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	5.1 KB 
ID:	45469  
    Nothing lasts forever...

sorry did not attach example
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Nothing lasts forever...