Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: HELP!

I can't seem to import the dropdown menus to my computer at work. I create the files at home and upload them at work but I don't know how to get them to work. The immages are there but the drop downs don't work Can anyone tell me what the heck I'm doing wrong or refer me to a site that has tutorials on it.

I can't seem to import the dropdown menus to my computer at work. I create the files at home and upload them at work but I don't know how to get them to work. The immages are there but the drop downs don't work Can anyone tell me what the heck I'm doing wrong or refer me to a site that has tutorials on it.

Hello Aggiecowboy24,

Did you send up the .js files within the same directory structure? the main file uses the .js files to know which graphic to show where. If the main file can not find the .js files either becasue they are not physically there, or the main file is looking in the wrong spot...

Do you mean the .js file needs to be in the same folder with the button graphics or with the .htm pages cuz my server setup is like this: All web pages are in the main folder all graphics are in another folder within the main folder and graphics are broken into different folders wthin the main graphics folder. Which folder does the .js file need to be in? The main site folder, main graphics folder or button graphics folder? sorry to be so confusing but Everyone has their faults mine is poor organization. Not a good thing for a web designer HUH? But I understand it and that is what matters right? Thanks for the response.

hi Aggiecowboy24,

the .js files should be in the same relative postion on the server as they where on your machine. If they are in main directory on your machine, then they should be in the main directory on the server. If they have there own directory, then they belong there.

Basically, It is how your mother used to always say "Put them back where you found them..."

Thanks I'll Try it.