Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Web Page Help Needed

I'm not sure why you need to post a huge HTML page with backgrounds and flashing signs in a forum.

Could you clarify what you are doing and why, so that we can try and figure out the easiest way to do what you need.

I agree with Paul, someone is being very lucky with the links to their graphics (that may even be stored in other sub-directories) for it to work properly, and tend to think that the links cannot find the right graphic after being cut and pasted.

Your webpage code
    <BODY TOPMARGIN="0" BACKGROUND="background_12.gif" LEFTMARGIN="0" MARGINWIDTH="0" MARGINHEIGHT="0">
    <TABLE BORDER="0" CELLPADDING="0" CELLSPACING="0">
    implies that the background is in the same directory as the page code. But since you cut and pasted it, that is highly unlikely. All your other links are URL's.

I would suggest that you check the location of the ="background_12.gif" that you are referencing.
    Last edited by ss-kalm; 05 February 2008 at 04:26 AM.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP

Now as a continuation from my last post ....... The bad news:

Unless you have permission from the owners of the graphics you have linked too, you should not use them as you could land yourself in serious copyright trouble.

If you do have permission to use their graphics, you should copy them to your own webspace, and reference them from there.

At the moment it appears that not only are you using someone else's graphics, but you are also using their bandwidth to display them. BAD BAD BAD .... I think this problem goes back to the cut and paste issues. With the copy and paste, you are only copying text, you are not actually copying any content. That's why all the URL links work, but the direct link to the background doesn't.

If you are serious about making webpages, I would suggest that you learn a little about it, and not just cut and paste content from elsewhere

You are trying to display a webpage on a forum - you don't actually have any webspace.. If you want to make a webpage, you should get some webspace and use a hosting company. There are even some free ones about.
    Last edited by ss-kalm; 05 February 2008 at 12:28 PM.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP

Thanks a lot pauland ur hint about the table did work. PI cannot handle it but frontpage can and i tried doing it thru the table and the page worked. Thanks a lot for ur help.

ss-kalm - these pages are not for regular posts, but for some special posts eg. a newsletter. A little effect makes the page appearance a lot interesting to read and see.

About the graphics, i have not made those pages, but will keep in mind ur suggestion when i make them and use the graphics. Will load them to a free image hosting site and use them from there and not directly.

Thanks again to both of you for being so helpful.
    Love
    Pinky
    IP