Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Text to fit a shape

Hello Everyone,

I need to have a single word of text fit a triangle shape. I want to fill the entire triangle with the word. How can I accomplish this in AI CS3? I just started using AI so I am thinking that it is fairly simple but I can't figure it out. Thanks for helping.
    IP

Default Re: Text to fit a shape

Wow, a bunch of looks but no replies. It must be harder then I thought.
    IP

Hi welcome to TG

I am not an Illustrator CS3 user so I can only speak generally.

There are area text tools in illustrator which enable you to type within the boundaries of a shape - but as far as I know this does not warp the text to the shape outline.

If you want 'stretch' text to the shape of the triangle - one way may be as shown here
    http://www.layersmagazine.com/illust...istortion.html

placing the distorted text over the unfilled triangle shape

hope this helps - good luck
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Sorry I am the supposed moderator down in the bowels of Talkgraphics hidden away and at the moment I have got so many jobs on. Sorry I am here to help not moan.

The easiest way to do it is to use the mesh tool and play around with the anchor points until you get the effect that you want. Please remember all you have to do to get help is to press F1 then click on the search Tab and type Mesh Tool then click on any of the topics that come up to get help. Try typing in Text Envelope and have a look at that. The last two you could have a look at is Text Wraping, that is when you fill a shape with text and the other is Text on a Line, that is text will follow a line or path, as Adobe calls it. Also do have a read still in the help area on Creating a Mask. Once you have a read at all of these topics and had a play around to see if you can get the right effect come back please and we can give some more support. Last thing, if you are using the mesh tool please remember you can delete Anchor Points.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP