Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hexagons

Richard,
    Here is an experiment I did with the zero filters and added transparencies. It looked great on the screen ... but when I export to jpg, png, or gif I loose 90% of the filter effect. Have you experienced this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Filters.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	5060  

Hmmmm, that's weird Ed! I use the filters all the time and never have any filter negated from using transparency or anything like that.

Here's a fun thing I threw together today and it's the same in the program as it is exported both as PNG True Color with Alpha and JPEG.............

Name:	XeroShield.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	9569  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Hi Ed,

I took your example there and ran it through Xara X1/Xero Filters, the same ones you used and this is the result. I then added a simple default bevel and drop shadow to it and then placed a copy of the shapes, added together and then applied Bleach, repeated Circular transparency over the top and exported as a JPEG. Looks fine to me!!

Name:	Ed's_Filter_Pic.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	11830  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Thanks Richard ... I'll keep trying. Perhaps the effects were too subtle to show in a 96dpi jpg.

The composition and colors are excellent as well. You have developed a very recognizable style Emanuel.

I agree with Richard that there are many ways to create a texture in Xara. A lot of the Stone fills can be modified to create a sandy or grainy texture.

Gary