Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Navbar issue (urgent)

Hi Powerball.

If you were using Flash I would say try exporting your swf lower version of actionscript or Flash player version. I've had links behave like you describe only to have them corrected by bumping back a version or so.

Best of luck!

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by RedWombat View Post
    Hi Powerball.

If you were using Flash I would say try exporting your swf lower version of actionscript or Flash player version. I've had links behave like you describe only to have them corrected by bumping back a version or so.

Best of luck!
    Hi RedWombat, I made this navbar using SWiSHmax, not Flash. I posted in this forum as it is the only one here dealing with Flash.
    IP

Hi
    I noticed that the 2 pages that your referring too, have no www. Prefix on them when loaded I wonder if that is causing the problem?
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by manny2k View Post
    Hi
    I noticed that the 2 pages that your referring too, have no www. Prefix on them when loaded I wonder if that is causing the problem?
    Bravo manny!! I had never noticed that and indeed, when you add back the www. the navbar works as it should. That's very strange!

The question is, what do I need to do to make the page load with the www. in the address because as it stands it's already in the link provided? In other words, what is in the html code of those 2 pages that is making the loaded page remove the www. ?
    IP

Powerball,

I'd say that the problem is almost certainly what RedWombat suggests, the fact that the swf's are published in Flash 9. I don't know SwishMax but Flash has the option in the publishing dialogue to choose whichever player version you want. I'm sure SwishMax will have the same type of option. Try Flash 6 or Flash 8 and see if that sorts out the problem
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gif.gif 
Views:	225 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	45025  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Actually, the swf was published in Flash 4 which is the default setting in SWiSHmax. I do have the option of publishing it in a later version if I want to but I have difficulty in accepting that this could be the cause. My reason being that the same swf is used on all the other pages and they have no problem. Plus, if I manually add back the www in the address bar and then reopen the page, the navbar works perfectly.

My guess is that there's something in the html code that's responsible but I cannot see it.
    IP