Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Printing Large Images

Hi all, newbie here so please be gentle

I hope someone can help, I am using Corel 12 to print onto an Epson 4800 using the paper roll feed, without going into masses of detail about the image (it is only vector), the 'document' that I want to print is 430mm wide and 5 meters long. I have set all of the custom paper sizes correctly and the print preview shows the full 'document', but when I print it, after just over 2 meters the printer stops printing the image and then spits out the remaining 3 meters blank?

Is there a maximum that Corel will print? (probably not as it previews?)
    or is it down to the printer?

Anyone?
    IP

Default Re: Printing Large Images

Just to add to this, whilst I have been trying to resolve this I have noticed that in the 'print progress' window, when it is printing, the progress bar gets to about halfway with 6 minutes remaining then suddenly jumps to the end and the window closes as if the print is finished?

Hope somebody can suggest something.
    IP

Are you using a RIP?

Have you got the latest drivers for your OS?
    IP

Thanks for the reply Sledger, I am currently printing directly from a laptop, but in the process of sorting out a desktop p.c.

The only print driver I have installed is from the disc that came with the machine, I bought it second hand a few months ago, so as the machine is now a year old this might be the problem?
    IP

have you rang Epson Support? Here in Aus we can ring and get an excellent support for old and new printers alike.
    can't offer any other advice.
    regards, Richard
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Chalky View Post
    The only print driver I have installed is from the disc that came with the machine, I bought it second hand a few months ago, so as the machine is now a year old this might be the problem?
    You may encounter print errors with large image print jobs if the system you are using has insufficient resources to process the image then send it to the spooler. Even though it's a vector image, it's still being passed to the printer as raster, which is what a printer understands. The function of a dedicated software RIP is to manage this process economically (resource wise) and pass the data to the output device effectively.

All the same I'd make certain I have the latest drivers installed.

The chances of the printer being at fault are low - however thats not to say the possibility doesn't exist.
    IP

It's probably an epson driver problem. I've got a 9600 and it's limited on the length run it can print. Even if you've got gobs of memory and free hdd space, the driver itself is the culprit.

A rip would be the answer.
    IP