Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problem with a simple animation

I made this simple animation but when I do "preview flash animation in browser", only the first frame shows up and other frames do not. Not sure why is this so?

I made few other similar animations and they work fine but not this one.

Appreciate any help. Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Default Re: Problem with a simple animation

Hi,

Seeing some transparent flowers and after some time;
    let today be the day

Just like it's in the frames you made

Hans
    IP

If I go to "flash preview in browser" I only see the first frame i.e. transparent flowers and not the 2nd & 3rd frames so the line "let today be the day..." and all its tweening frames don't appear. Strangely if I do "GIF animation in browser", then I see all 3 frames but as its GIF, the tweening effect is not seen...
    IP

Hi,

Try saving the swf and open it in your own browser or flashplayer
    Maybe the internal flashplayer in xara doesn't work that well

Hans
    IP

I guess there could be something with the particular font...it doesn't work in flash preview. I used another font type and the preview works fine now. Could be some problem with xara!
    IP

a-w,
    I couldn't say what the problem is here as I don't have that particular font installed. I'd suggest that once you've created the text you select it and convert to editable shapes, then name it. I'm sure you'll have no problems after this.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Thanks Egg! I will try this out later today and let you know how it goes.

Is there a way to make changes to the "font type" and entered "text lines" in the name-gallery so that it gets applied across all the frames? I believe it can be done for the colors but not sure if Fonts and Texts can be changed similarly.
    IP

I guess this cannot be done then!

I would expect this to be very important...say if you have a 'text line' in multiple frames and you need to change that (may be use a different font type, update the text etc.), then basically you have to re-do the complete animation.
    IP

Hi a-w,

No, it can be done but you must change every instance of the text to the new font and change every instance of the new text content so it's also the same.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP