Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Eraser tool would be cool

Whoo - fellow souls on the forum

TBS is a solution agreed. It is expensive. Top range animation programs in general are a solution - they are all expensive - some you need a mortgage for.
    Not a route a creator of non-animated catroons can necessarily take.

I draw strip cartoons - I pencil them - I ink them by hand in the traditional way with a pen, or with hard black pencil [eg caran d'ache prismalo].
    I scan them, if I need vector I vectorise them with inkscape or vectormagic.

Not an idea solution either.

Xara will need more than an eraser for this - its all in the character of the line for me.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Up to very recently I used Illy CS3 which introduced the eraser tool which my work mates found really useful. Have a look at the video workshop. click on Illustrator and then look for "Using the Line, eraser and Shape Tool: http://www.adobe.com/designcenter/video_workshop/

At the moment I have very little in the way to say about how useful or not this tool is because I have not used it that much. I would say however since the pathfinder tool in Illy is much more powerful than XPro's is this might be the way to go and have the eraser tool included in the next version but we will have wait and see.
    Design is thinking made visual.

I was just playing with Flash and Illustrator last night and remembered why I hate both those apps when it comes to line quality with their respective brush tools. Is it me or does Flash have the ugliest brush line of all? I mean it has random variable widths all within the same line and just looks weird and not consistent at all. I mean I can see something and no immediately if it was created in Flash. I don't like that! Maybe some do,...but I want my line to speak out and be the way I INTENDED it to be,..not the applications way. Illustrator to me is closer than Flash to a better solution,..but I just don't like the line (stroke) it offers. XaraPro is amazing in the fact that other than Expression Design,...it has the best looking vector line out there. It is amazing and allows for a nice smooth line that can follow my wacom stylus with the exact amount of precision that I choose to allow it to. Gosh I love that line tool. Give me an easy and fast eraser tool and it cannot be beat!!!!

OK<..I have spent far too much time on line quality haven't I? I need help! Is there a Doctor in the house????