Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Painter 8.1 upgrade

Hello,

new here...

I had assumed that Painter 8 wouldn't run on my Intel Mac but, having tried (and liked) the trial of Painter X, I did a bit more research and was happy to see that it will still install. Did that, and it works - hooray for a bit of money saved for a while.

However, my Wacom pen behaved oddly, especially regarding the eraser which isn't recognised. Then i remembered that there was an upgrade from Corel. I searched their site and there it is - 8.1. In the list of fixes is one for the eraser on graphic tablets. The big gotcha is that I can't seem to access the download. I go through the steps in Corel Support but keep ending up at the Download Trial page. Can anybody enlighten me as to what Corel are doing here please? Is the update not available anymore? Or are Corel just trying to push the latest version and have given up on the old ones (not a surprise if this is the case from Corel).

Thanks for any thoughts
    Morf
    IP

Default Re: Painter 8.1 upgrade

Hi morf,

The 8.1 patch can be downloaded from here or the ftp location.

Also, download the updated CorelPainter8UserGuide.pdf for information on custom palettes, which were not available in Painter 8.

David
    IP

Default Re: Painter 8.1 upgrade

Many thanks David

I knew the answer had to be simple. After a bit of investigation i can see how I missed that FTP link. It's not exactly the primary route that one is guided down (I'll let Corel off this time though ). Anyway, the upshot is the pen is working very well now since the update (and the latest Wacom driver). I'll check out the palettes doc too. Much obliged.

Morf
    IP