Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Does there exist a feature list or manual?

Dear readers,

I was wondering, if there exist a list of all the feature the Linux version have, or perhaps a manual?

Lots of love,
    Louise
    IP

Default Re: Does there exist a feature list or manual?

The 1785, the latest build, has some help built-in and leads to more. The Linux version of the program is a cut-down version of the Windows one, but still has most of the important drawing features.

frank
    IP

The reason I am asking is because, I would like to make list of features that the Linux version have, that Inkscape does not have, so I or someone else can start take those functions from the GPL source and implement in Inkscape.

So if there exist a complete feature list, I would sure like to see that one

Hugs,
    Louise
    IP

Hi Louise,

if you have so much free time and you're also willing to invest your developer knowledge in Open Source projects, couldn't you start to improve the current SVG import/export filter from Xara Xtreme for Linux? I'm sure the Linux Community would be happy to transfer Vector drawings between Inkscape and Xara Xtreme.

Remi
    IP

Yes... please??
    BTW, what ever happened to the "uber-converter" project??
    http://www.technologynewsdaily.com/node/1468
    http://scratchcomputing.com/projects/vectorsection/

Also, I would be more than willing to help in any way I can... I'm no dev but, what ever I could do... I actually have an area set-up on my Linux Graphics Users forum getting ready to try to get this project rolling again?? Whether it be xara lx working on the svg filter funtionality, or as I have mentioned elsewhere to Inkscape being able to import .xar, or another attempt at the universal converter
    Last edited by geminiguy; 19 January 2008 at 05:43 AM.
    IP