Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Import EPS files

greetings fellow Xarans, (sounds like something out of this planet). Well I have this problem and it relates to importing EPS files. I notice there are about a half dozen or more eps file import formats however I am trying to import this file and it refuses to import no matter what format I try and strange thing is when I select Photoshop.eps it tells me that it cannot import because photoshop eps files are not supported. Well if photoshop eps files are not supported then why do they have that as one of the import formats in Xtreme Pro.

My question really is with all of these different "xara" eps format import filters, not one of them work, and half the time they don't work on other files I try to load either. I'm begginning to think that their eps importer isn't very good. The link I am trying to download the EPS file from is here and by the way this site is a real good utility for tracing logos and such. It does a way better job than any bitmap tracer I have ever seen and it does it online for free.

http://vectormagic.stanford.edu/vctr...lzgiJdavo6&p=g

check it out and try to download this "LoTR" logo I converted.

s.g.

Default Re: Import EPS files

Yes VectorMagic has been spoken about in a number of threads recently.
    The solution to the EPS problem is to load it into another program (such as the freeware INKSCAPE) and export as PDF. Xara will then import the PDF without a problem.

But I agree, Xara's import filters need to be updated and types increased (a lot)

cool, its a lot better than xara tracer, didn't know about that and inkscape, glad to know it now

couple of points -

if you use inkscape I think you need to save from vectormagic as svg not eps

also, for lineart and logos the inkscape bitmap tracer is pretty good itself
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Ah yes, InkScape can't work with EPS either.

I was trying to think of a freeware solution.
    The Vectormagic EPS files open fine in CorelDraw from where you can PDF them out. However it's easier to copy to clipboard from CorelDraw and paste into Xara as 'Corel Presentation Exchange'.

haha i've just found that out for myself about .eps but still works great the way sledger said if you use .svg to inscape and then as pdf to xara

Just found this free online eps to pdf converter. Worked fine for me.

http://www.ps2pdf.com/convert.htm

Just import the pdf into XXP
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

yes - and now XXP has svg export, transferring the other way from xara to inkscape a whole lot easier
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I use http://convert.neevia.com/ to convert files from VectorMagic EPS to PDF. Works fine. And of course if you have Illustrator that is even better.

I wrote a review of VectorMagic which will appear in the March issue of Communication Arts Magazine. The guy who came up with the program is a PhD candidate at Stanford with a major in artificial intelligence. Very interesting story and very interesting guy.

Gary

As I stated in the first thread started by Remi that piece of software I would buy as it can save people so much time. The two guys I think which developed this software deserve more than a Phd! they deserve to make sheds loads of money as the software works better than any other tracing programme from Adobe, Flash, Corel or Silhouette.
    Design is thinking made visual.