Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Import EPS files

Xara "Must" fix this issue if it wants to be competitive with the almighty "Adobe" who personally sicken me with their stranglehold on the graphics front, their pricing only suits professionals and their numerous editions only delay the inevitable need to upgrade. Courses in my country cost an absolute fortune not because of the administration fees but because they employ Adobe products (Industry Standard they say....bull!#*%) Xara is an awesome piece of software, I can achieve the same results in half the time but the inability to import and export their biggest competitors format is ridiculous. Come on and step up, it's a great way to pinch customers from these pigs and show the world what a powerful product Xara really is.

Their answer to you is that it's only the online printers that want eps. because of the font issues with PDF. With so many converters online it is not worth the investment to a small company like Xara when you compare it with the resources of Adobe and they have spent their money on a good PDF filter.
    Design is thinking made visual.

There is a simple PDF export option, Advanced Settings > Objects > Convert Text to Shapes that takes care of the font issues.

You still have your original file should you need to edit your text, and your PDF is in essence the same as EPS which has also converted the text to outlines.

And there are thousands of printers, locally and on-line who have no problems with PDF.

Even if your printer balks at PDF ask him or her to try the file. A few years ago I had prepared a PDF 4 color magazine ad. The publication specs said they only accept QuarkXPress files prepared on the Mac. I said You are way behind the curve. I am sending you a PDF file prepared in Windows and you will not have any issues.

They didn't. The ad looked beautiful in the magazine and perhaps the publication learned something.