Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I'm using XaraX¹ 1.1d CD and am having mould problems.

I can apply a mould to any new shape that I draw in this or a new document, but the drawing of a front door that I've made just won't go into a mould. With this drawing selected - either grouped or not - the mould toolbar is greyed out.

Can you see what I'm doing wrong please?
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm using XaraX¹ 1.1d CD and am having mould problems.

I can apply a mould to any new shape that I draw in this or a new document, but the drawing of a front door that I've made just won't go into a mould. With this drawing selected - either grouped or not - the mould toolbar is greyed out.

Can you see what I'm doing wrong please?

Grr, sorry, I've been fiddling with that for an hour without getting anywhere. I posted it, then thought I'd 'Convert to shapes' to see if it made a difference.

It did, so I worked backwards to find the bit which was upsetting the mould. It's the Contour applied to the door handle: as soon as the contour is converted to shapes, the mould can be applied.

Hi Daniel,

Glad you figured it out yourself. I was going to tell you that a bleach (transparency)works wonders on mold... http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

It has a contour and that must be removed before you can apply a bevel

Error message "Can't bevel a contouered object"
    "If you can do good, you should."
    W.K. Clark

Thanks Grant, it's good that trying to bevel something produces the error telling you that ther's a countour there - but I was trying to mould it. There's no error for that, rather, the toolbar remains greyed out.

Perhaps it's something that could be changed in a future version - at least alerting the user that before the mould is applied, you'll need to knock out the contour.