Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Strange Movie Problem

I recently checked if my Xara Xtreme Pro Movie help files were up-to-date and I was told there were new movies to download. When the download finished, I opened my movies and was surprised to see that they were all in German. I run the English version of Xara Xtreme Pro 3.2 and would like those movies back. Any idea how to return to the default English list? The ENG folder containing the English movies is still in the correct folder, but the list is not showing them and I have not found a way to refresh the list.

Thanks in advance.

Kurt

Default Re: Strange Movie Problem

I'm guessing the Xara/Magix auth server is checking your IP (87.171.14.146) and seeing that it is a German based host therefore serving you the German versions.
    Not sure how this might be got around on the face of it.

HI Kurt,

Is your locale set to German or to English? You can check this by going to your control panel and selecting the regional and language options. If your locale is set to German, then Xtreme will download the German movie set.

In order to download the English movies, alter your system locale to English.

Next browse to
    C:\Program Files\xara\Xara Xtreme Pro\HelpAndSupport\ENG

Delete index.xml and movies.chm

Start Xara Xtreme Pro and click on help followed by update. This should download the english movies for you.

Many thanks
    Xara Support

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt8 View Post
    I recently checked if my Xara Xtreme Pro Movie help files were up-to-date and I was told there were new movies to download. When the download finished, I opened my movies and was surprised to see that they were all in German. I run the English version of Xara Xtreme Pro 3.2 and would like those movies back. Any idea how to return to the default English list? The ENG folder containing the English movies is still in the correct folder, but the list is not showing them and I have not found a way to refresh the list.

Thanks in advance.

Kurt

Everything back to normal. Thank you very much!

Kurt