Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Exclamation making logo's transparent

Can anyone please help me, I need to make a logo in Dreamweaver transparent, has anyone got any ideas on how this can be done in dreamweaver, or how to do it outside dreamweaver and import it in.

Thanks
    Kkimwest
    IP

Default Re: making logo's transparent

Hi

I think you are very muddled. Dreamweaver is a tool for building web pages; you create a link in it from a page to a previously prepared graphic - such as a logo.

You need to go back to the tool eg Photoshop, Xara Xtreme... in which you made the logo and re-export it making the background transparent.
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk
    IP

Considering this is a Flash forum, I'll assume you want to make the background of a Flash movie - your logo - transparent.

If so, a simple way in Dreamweaver to tell the Flash movie to display without the background is: Select your Flash movie > Look on the Properties at the bottom of the screen > For Parameter put "wmode" for Value put "transparent". Click OK.

The background of your Flash movie will now be gone.

Best of luck!

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?
    IP

if you talking abt the logo as an image, which done in photoshop or any other image editor, you may optimize and save as PNG format. Edit the logo in photoshop without background and save as PNG-24 and insert into html. it gives smooth transparency. hope this will help u.
    IP