Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Help....Flash 6 Sound hassels

Ummm...basically I am doing my second animation of on of my songs, and it has been awhile since I have been in Flash. I am using Flash 6, and have managed to place the mp3 audio in the library, however when I playback and press the stop button...it just keeps on going and going and going...help....!

I have an earlier one I was working on and normally one should be able to use the timeline scroll thingamagiga and moving it backwards and forward the sound should follow....

I really am stuck here and pulling out whatever hair is left....help....!

IP

Default Re: Help....Flash 6 Sound hassels

pinafore,

Have you tried the "stopAllSounds" command? I'm sure it will do what you're trying to achieve.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 22 September 2006 at 07:57 PM.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    pinafore,

Have you tried the "stopAllSounds" command? I'm sure it will do what you're trying to achieve.
    Yes, that certainly stops the mp3 from playing, but I am still figuring out what they mean by double click and drag it ... I am off to Hebrew Lessons so I will give it a try and then come back. Thanks.

Peace
    IP

Greetings

but I am still figuring out what they mean by double click and drag it
    Double ckicking the file? I am not sure I understand you. You have the streaming/loop option.

You can use actionscript command to stop the sound when the file ends (don't remember the correct coding right now, will check on it in the book later).

I am off to Hebrew Lessons
    "Hag Sameah ve shana tova" then (Happy Holiday and Happy New Year in Hebrew - its New year, 5765 to be exact today), and also the Ramadan holiday for muslims, so "Ramadan Mabruk Ia Habib" (in Arabic - Happy Ramadan buddy) - I most like the feast at the end
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	29922  
    Last edited by Availor; 23 September 2006 at 07:44 PM.
    IP

It was a very good lesson, we are right at the start. So much to memorize, but I got to read some of the words I love very much, Shalom and some new ones desert and Jerusalem...it is hard to write in English after a lesson I end up writing backwards...haahaha

I have spent the best part of the rest of the day trying to figure this out, I guess it is back to my Flash 5 book, I am operating Flash 6, and what puzzles me was I don't remember having to write code at all. One imported the file into the library and then dragged it into the display area and one could use the controller, rewind and even scoll backwards and the sound would go in reverse...I am a little puzzled, but as usual I am sure I will figure it out eventually...just the way I have always done it...pound, pound, pound...

Thanks anyhow, for the meantime I will remain perplexed...ha!

Shalom, and thanks for the Hebrew
    IP

Availor,
    I just got back from a brief holiday in the Cederburg Mountains, and am keen to learn if you have any solutions to my dilemma, I am going to give it another shot tommorrow morning and will write if I solve or don't.

IP

Can't seem to upload the file (95kb) maybe the server is busy I'll try again later I'm off to my night shift.
    IP

Thanks for trying. If you want you can just send it on to me at my email address.
    IP

Hey! I've removed the sound file and left only the button.

You can import (to stage or to Library) any sound file you like. When you test/publish your movie when the sound plays. The moment you press the button the sound will stop. I used Eggs suggestion and attached a code stopAllSounds . Click on the button and press F9 to see the actionscript panel.

Cheers!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Thanks for the effort but this is not what I am having a problem with. I am talking about before I have begun animation. I play the mp3 and should be able to pause it and then press play and it should continue to play, as well as be able to grab the red marker and drag it up and down and the sound moves along at the pace I drag it forwards or reverse it. I am still puzzled, it is time to turn ot my Teach Yourself Manual...ouch! The Law..must teach my lazy mind.

Shalom.
    IP