Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Introduce your animal friends

A couple months back Gary started a thread which asked what TG members about their day job. This was well received and as a result we probably have a better relationship with folks we meet at discussions here at TG.

Now, I'd like to start something else which I hope might be an interesting thread?

Bob (iamtheblues) recently lost DOS, a close a very much loved cat/friend for which the feline and all animal lovers amongst us all felt very sad about.
    I think many of us here at TG have special animal friends which bring joy and laughter to our days and which are very much part of our family.
    Some even use images of them as an Avatar....

Anyway, introduce us to your Pet and tell us a litle about him/her. Post a small photo, or even a drawing you've done if you like (1 image or photo per post might be best, to keep page loading times down for ppl on slow connections. Max 600x* pixels)

A Lilac-Point Siamese, purchased (for some dollars..) from a local breeder of Siamese and Burmese show cats.
    I've had a number of cats since I was about 20, and they have all had their own personalities, but this little fella' (who is now about 8) is the most amazing of them all. I swear he understands English, I'm even suspecting that he has also has the ability to read minds!
    He really talks to me too, I especially like it when I open the screen door to let him go out side because I swear he say's "Thank You" ! (..Me'Meow)
    Rarely a day goes by when PeeKai doesn't to something to make me laugh, which lifts my spirits always. He's a special friend with the patience of a Saint, his good manners and behaviour, while in part a result of good breeding is somewhat unusual in most cats, I feel lucky that he chose to live with us.

Of course I could go on and on, but that would likely become boring..

Oh - and how did I arrive at his name? Well for many months when we first got him, I could think of nothing suitable.. After a while I just got to calling him 'Puddy-Kitten' which became shortened just to P.K. - which kind of stuck. The spelling I chose for this seemed to fit with his 'Siamese' breeding
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	peekai.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	44160  
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 07 January 2008 at 06:09 AM.

Default Re: More Introductions

It is a pleasure to meet PeeKai.

Unfortunately I do not have a 4 legged friend. My work schedule would cause him/her to be alone too much of the time.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Default Re: More Introductions: Introduce your animal friends

Nice thread, Steve.
    PeeKai looks very intelligent, so perhaps he does understand English.
    Here's a photo of our long-suffering dog. She's called Holly, and she is nearly twelve now, so quite an elderly lady.
    Dos the cat loved her, and was always to be found in her company, although more often than not he would eventually kick her off her bed. She used to like cats when we lived in the UK she would sit in the back garden staring at our neighbour's cat for ages. Now, though she tolerates them, I think Dos was just a bit too playful for her liking, and she wasn't too pleased at being shoved down the pecking order when Dos arrived on the scene.
    Pets selected and copied to clipboard with XXP and then background blurred and pets pasted back in place and feathered.
    Saludos,
    Bob.

Name:	holly and dos.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	44194  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

I had a couple of older dogs that passed away a few years ago. Buster and Midnight. They were my best friends for 17 years. Maybe I will find their photo later and post it here.
    This is a picture of my new Dogs. Cujo the Brown one, I think is part Pit Bull and only a few years old. And the little white girl with spots is Princess, She is a few years older than Cujo. I think she may be a Long haired fox terrier, not sure.
    Last edited by a4hire; 17 April 2009 at 07:23 PM.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

And now the finances cat. Sammy, he loves me, always crawls on the bed and sleeps on me at night.
    Last edited by a4hire; 17 April 2009 at 07:23 PM.
    Bruce
    Artist For Hire

Hope you weren't recording from the tv - it looks like Sammy's about to change channels for you!
    Nice photos of the dawgs, Bruce.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Last edited by iamtheblues; 07 January 2008 at 05:32 PM. Reason: typo
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

I found a picture of my old best friend Buster that I posted in a thread a few years back!
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ghlight=buster
    Bruce
    Artist For Hire

Peekai has a very knowing look in that pic Steve, calculating up the modeling fee perhaps

Bruce - the cat likes you! - what more could you ask Nice dogs too.

I love animals - but if any have fur, feathers or hair then prolonged contact always makes me sneeze wheeze or stream

So my pets are all virtual - the favorite is once more gracing these forums in avatar form...... [the equid ungulate of confused species]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Talking Re: More Introductions: Introduce your animal friends

Hi -- I've had several cats, dogs and parrots over the years. I've also worked with wildlife rehabiliation centers -- mostly with raptors and corvids -- and enjoyed learning a great deal about them. Currently, though, the most interesting characters (and highly intelligent ones) are 2 goats which help keep the brush under control on the property. I have a dog, "Bear," also. This is Larry and Zoey (Larry is the larger Nubian).
    ---Maya

Name:	zoey_n_larry.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	44250  
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Nice looking goats Maya, Zoey is very cute.
    Bruce
    Artist For Hire