Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problems with Painter Essentials 3 and Intuos tablet

Hello.

I bought myself an Intuos A5 wide a while ago and it's been a breeze working with it. Worked great in Artrage etc and i decided to test Painter that came with it not having used it before. However the bundled Painter Essentials 3 is showing a huge problem and Corels support hasn't responded to my emails.

Sketching with the pencil works like a charm but if i ad a new layer the preassure sensitivity freak out. I get no smooth pencil like lines but instead i get lines that look like i've been pressing hardest possible on the tablet. I've tested Artrage and photoshop while running painter the same time and there isn't a single problem in any other software so it's not the tablet. Lines in PS and Artrage come out the way i want them. However if i go back to the old layer in Painter the lines come out great again.

Is this a bug that's been adressed at some point or am i facing some new problem? As said earlier Corel has not responded to me yet so i just hope for an answer here as well if anyone knows what this is.

I'm using a Powermac G5 running OSX Tiger.
    IP

Default Re: Problems with Painter Essentials 3 and Intuos tablet

Hi Kayian,

Try posting your message in the Corel Painter Essentials 4 community forum where I think you're more likely to get the help you need:

Essentials Cafe

Good luck!

Jin
    Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley and The PainterFactory
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP