Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    England (Amongst the green rolling hills of the East Midlands)

Default Xara Xtreme Pro - Flash Anim Questions

Hi All,

Firstly, just wanted to thank everyone for their input - this site is a treasure trove of useful info... so much so I rarely have to post a question!

However, I've recently had reason to experiment with the Flash functionality and have hit a snag.

I cannot seem to find a way for an object to follow a path - e.g. perhaps make one small circle, orbit another. The best I can seem to manage it to set up a lot of key-frames in order to approximate a circular path.... but in reality, the object is really then just following a series of straight lines.

(Obviously, this is just one example of where motion along a path can be useful)

Am I overlooking something in the help-file, or is path-following functionality not implemented in Xara at this time?

Kind Regards,

KV
    IP

Default Re: Xara Xtreme Pro - Flash Anim Questions

Hi and welcome,

Go to the top of this forum,there's a sticky post by Xhris about the
    do's and don'ts for xara flash

Hans
    IP

Hi KV and Welcome,

Xara Xtreme is basically a vector drawing package with some Flash capabilities. No, it doesn't have the Flash capability of following a path but there are often workarounds. Taking your circle orbiting another, see attached xar file. You may need to view in wireframe to see how it's done.

If you can't figure out how to do something, get back and maybe we can help.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

England (Amongst the green rolling hills of the East Midlands)

Hi Both,

Many thanks for the fast responses.

I've been using Xara for static illustration for some years now - and enjoy using it a great deal.

I have tried and hated Flash for an even longer period of time, but have recently hit a couple of projects where animation is desirable, so I am now finally making time to learn about Xara's newish animation features.

Thanks Egg for your example - animating the circle around a modified centre point... a brilliantly simple solution!

For more complex paths, perhaps containing a mixture of curves and straight lines, I guess the workload could be quite demanding.

I'll keep experimenting and will keep my fingers crossed that Xara's Flash functionality will continue to grow but remain accessible to a wide audience.

Thanks again for your help and advice.

KultiVator
    (Apologies for the Awful Gaming Handle!)
    IP