Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Here's my post. I did this years ago in school.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]null[/img]
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Sheff
    My Site

Here's my post. I did this years ago in school.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]null[/img]
    Sheff
    My Site

Really good! I guess I am a sucker for pictures with great perspectives [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I just wonder why I couldn't get my .web-picture to be viewed in the browser (with flare plug-in)?
    Did you add any code for your attachment? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

-Paul
    Paul the Gnurfmeister!
    Home: http://www.gnurf.net/v3/ | My stuff for sale: http://www.zazzle.com/gnurf* | Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/pasoderholm

No I didn't add any code to the attachment. I just followed the instructions of each page as it popped up. Then it asked for a path to my file for the attachment and that was it.

Sheff
    Sheff
    My Site

Wow!

I live and work near the building in question and I've seen some great lightning strikes, but nothing as spectacular as this one.

Sheffield

You had posted this image some time ago I think, but it's most impressive. 3 point perspective I believe?

Did you plot the main framework of the building and then stretch the sides or did you actually plot the whole thing, windows and all?

Oh, and what school did you attend where you did this illustration/design?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

I did this thing so long ago that I almost don't remember all the details of it.

I had a really good picture of this building to work from. I put it on a background layer as a guide at first.

Then what I did was find the first vanishing point. I made a line on the guide layer that went to that vanishing point. Then I cloned the lines and moved them as necessary to give me enough guides to work with.

Basically I moved the point on the other end of the lines after I cloned them so that they would all retain the same vanishing point.

I tried building the windows from a front view, creating a few blends and then applying a mould that put them on the sides of the building. That didn't work out too well as too much distortion took place and I couldn't control the vertical spacing of the windows. I ended up building them by using guides.

BTW, I graduated from Art Center, but I was taking an architecture class at UNLV when I did this.

Sheff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot01.jpg 
Views:	527 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	12071  
    Sheff
    My Site