Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: namesecure

I'm making a site that has to be published on a free server, which gives it an im-pos-si-ble name.
    So I am musing on working with namesecure to give it a simple www.name.con (or org, or net).

Has anyone experience (positive and or negative) with this?
    And what about crawlers and search engines: are they too directed via namesecure to the original page, and do they keep the www.name.com or do they take the impossible name from the server?

Are there other sites that offer the same service, and are they better, more reliable etc...?

thanks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    IP

I'm making a site that has to be published on a free server, which gives it an im-pos-si-ble name.
    So I am musing on working with namesecure to give it a simple www.name.con (or org, or net).

Has anyone experience (positive and or negative) with this?
    And what about crawlers and search engines: are they too directed via namesecure to the original page, and do they keep the www.name.com or do they take the impossible name from the server?

Are there other sites that offer the same service, and are they better, more reliable etc...?

thanks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    IP

Hi Erik ...

Essentially, the way crawlers work is that they go to a site and then follow all links within the index page, assuming, of course, you've allowed them to do so. (Some first check for a robots.txt file but not all.) On the search engine, this should appear as the index page - so no name change .

However, if you don't want them to crawl the impossibly named site, you'll have to put a "No Follow" message on that site.

Hope that helps.

Reference URL : http://www.searchenginewatch.com/webmasters/index.html

cfn ... Jen
    Jen Worden
    Web Developer
    www.meadoworks.com
    cfn ... Jen

Jen Worden
    Web Developer
    www.meadoworks.com
    IP