Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara animations with sound

Not sure if this has been discussed before...apprecite any insights into the following:

Is there a way to attach sound/music files to the animations as created in Xara? Is there any application that one can use to create customized music/sound files or possibly download them? I am looking into creating greeting cards with sound clips but didn't find any information anywhere.

Thanks
    IP

Default Re: Xara animations with sound

Looking into xara help, I found this:

Note: Xtreme Flash animation does not support complex advanced features such as scripting, sound or embedded movies.

The only solution to this problem could be using the very-costly Flash CS3 tool.
    IP

You may want to try Swish or one of the other alternative programs that are much less expensive than Flash.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Thanks Bill! Didn't realize that Swish was an alternative. I will take a look at that.

Thanks again,
    IP

Post Re: Xara animations with sound

I made two Xara flash animations for my happy new year wishes (see thread http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=30590 ) and added sound. This is what I did : first I downloaded the free sound editor Audacity : http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ and when my sound was ready I added this html code beneath the flashmovie in the webpage : <embed src="soundname.mp3" loop=1 autostart=true width=300 height=16>
    I hope this works
    Marcia
    A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
    Frank Zappa
    IP

Thanks Marcia I've been looking for a way to do this for a while
    IP

Thanks a lot Marcia!

I am sure this is of great help and will benefit many others as well!! This is the beauty of this forum...everyday there is something new to learn.
    IP

KoolMoves is a cheap ($49) piece of software I've used in the past that will make flash movies and add sound. You could upload your Xara work and add sound to it.

Here's the link if you want to check it out.
    http://www.koolmoves.com/
    IP

I already have flash CS3 and It's too dificult for me to do an animation from scratch. However, i know how to do small things like put sound in. How would I use Xara for the animation and Flash for the sound?
    IP