Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Berries

Default Re: Berries

The only digital cam I've ever owned is a Concord duo.... it came with my LexMark printer for free... (or was that the other way around??)
    It works "o.k." But, I have noticed that I get better pics from it now from heeding a few of the tips I have gotten from John here n there
    But, you have to admit John... An experienced photographer can take a good shot with a lousy camera
    And, an inexperienced photographer can take a lousy shot with a good camera...

I think the equipment is 1/2 of the puzzle, while the experience & knowledge is the other 1/2
    IP

Hi,

Okay my camera isn't a crappy 1-2 mpix camera with only auto-focus
    It's a 5 year old kodak z700 5 mpix, with some manual settings and 10x optical zoom.

Hans
    IP

Sorry About that Keith,

It is hard to remember who one is writing to when one posts. Can you get an adapter to switch you back and forth between mounts? I have an adapter to change out from my K-mount to a screw mount for my pentax.

If you Know how to take a manual shot, then you can grab manual lenses insteand of the fancy autofocus lenses. For my camera there is a big, big difference in price between the two.

Haakoo...

Can you take manual shots with yours? Many of your low end camera's only have a few if any manual settings... The minimum I would look for are manual exposure and f-stop. If you have a camera that also has manual focus then you should be able to take many shots that would be just plain luck with a lesser camera. The heart of any camera is the lense. The better the lense the better the shot.

Paul,

I would say it is 25% tools and 75% experience and knowledge. That is giving the camera more points than it should have too...
    Last edited by raynerj1; 26 January 2008 at 09:20 PM.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook
    IP

Hi,

Had the specs all wrong.
    Here are the right ones from kodak site;

CCD resolution 4.23 megapixels (2408 × 1758 pixels)
    Image resolution 4.0 megapixels(2304 × 1728 pixels)
    Picture quality 4.0 MP—best (prints up to 20 × 30 in. (50 × 75 cm))
    3.5 MP—best 3:2 (optimized ratio for 4 × 6 in. (10 × 15 cm) prints)
    3.1 MP—better (prints up to 11 × 14 in. (28 × 36 cm))
    2.1 MP—1656 × 1242
    1.1 MP – good (small prints)

Still format JPEG/EXIF v 2.21
    Lens 35–175 mm, f/2.8–4.8 (35 mm equivalent)
    Zoom 5X optical zoom
    Advanced digital zoom—4X

Aperture f/2.88–5.76 (wide), f/4.9–8.76 (tele)
    Shutter speed automatic: 8–1/1600 sec.
    Viewfinder Real image optical viewfinder
    LCD 1.6 in. (4.0 cm) hybrid (transmissive/reflective) TFD, 72K pixels (312 × 230) indoor/outdoor display
    Performance features
    Still capture modes auto, SCN, sport, landscape, close-up, PAS
    Scene modes children, party, beach, flower, fireworks, snow, backlight, close-up, night portrait, landscape, night landscape, manner/museum, text/document, self-portrait, sport
    Color modes color, sepia, black and white
    Click to capture 0.43 sec. (prev. on), 0.68 sec (prev. off)
    Shot to shot 1.12 sec.
    Video mode continuous MPEG-4 compressed video with audio recording during video capture
    Video resolution VGA (640 × 480 pixels) at 13 fps; QVGA (320 × 240 pixels) at 20 fps
    Video length continuous up to 80 min. based on memory capacity
    Video formats QUICKTIME MOV (MPEG-4 compression)
    Auto focus TTL-AF
    Auto focus selection multi-zone, center spot
    Focus range Standard—2 ft (0.6 m) to infinity; Macro, wide—2–4 in. (0.05–still 0.1 m); Macro, tele—10–28 in. (0.25–0.7 m); Landscape—33 ft (10 m)–infinity
    Sensitivity ISO equivalent 80–160 (automatic) and 80,100, 200, 400 (manual)
    White balance auto, daylight, tungsten, fluorescent
    Exposure metering TTL-AE; selectable: multi-pattern, center-weighted, center spot
    Exposure control programmed AE
    Exposure compensation +/-2.0 EV in 0.5 EV step increments
    First and last burst mode 3 fps, maximum 6 images in any quality mode
    Burst mode 3 fps, maximum 6 images in any quality mode
    Ease of use features
    Built-in flash auto, red-eye, fill, off
    Flash range wide—2–12.5 ft (0.6–3.8 m)
    tele—2–7 ft. (0.6–2.2 m)

Hans
    IP

Hi Hans,

A very nice camera, if a little limited. The very difficult to take shots would be almost impossible with this camera I am afraid. You have automatic modes for just about everything, so you should be able to take many of the semi difficult shots and have them turn out well. It seems like a well built consumer grade camera.

If you had the ability to do manual settings, then it would be a pretty nice camera indeed.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    Facebook
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by raynerj1 View Post
    Can you get an adapter to switch you back and forth between mounts? I have an adapter to change out from my K-mount to a screw mount for my pentax.

If you Know how to take a manual shot, then you can grab manual lenses insteand of the fancy autofocus lenses. For my camera there is a big, big difference in price between the two.
    Haven't seen an adapter recently. I know there was an MD mount to M42 screw 20 years ago (don't remember seeing one the other way), but finding one now would be difficult, if not impossible.

All my lenses are manual lenses - I don't think there was an autofocus lens available when I last used it.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP

Hi Keith,

I dropped you a PM with a link to a good online camera shop... they might have what you need.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    Facebook
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by geminiguy View Post
    I think the equipment is 1/2 of the puzzle, while the experience & knowledge is the other 1/2
    I have a diffrent take:

Imagination and a good eye (artistic sensibility) - 90%.

Equipment - 10%.

Steve Newport did (does?) some amazing thing with Xara:

http://www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/sn2/ and
    http://www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/sn/index.htm

Using a camera he "still" makes us all look rather sad: http://stevenewport.com/

Risto
    IP

As a P.S.

You sometimes see people boasting about thousands of "amazing" shots they have taken (last week (month or year(s)))... If you have thousands of those pictures... OMG! You will never be hungry again (and agents and galleries will be clawing at your face and camping on your front lawn!)

Really... Some perspective is a wonderful thing!

Ansel Adams (the most famous and respected American photographer of all time) said: "Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop."

But then we have Rich that never boasts about anything, and silently comes up with some real gems every other day... Life is not fair!

Risto
    Last edited by RTK; 28 January 2008 at 08:49 AM.
    IP

There definitely are not many of us who don't wish we were Steve Newport
    Some of us are lucky if we ever come up with that "one" masterpiece which brings world-wide Ooohs & Ahhhs...... in a lifetime....
    Steve does it on a daily basis
    IP