Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Navbar issue (urgent)

Hello all,

I recently built a navigation bar that works perfectly throughout my site if viewed with Firefox. In IE 7 it works as long as you click on the Activation link. But in IE 6 it works normally except on 2 pages which astounds me because it's exactly the same swf as on all the other pages!

I get the feeling that there may be a conflict in either the html code generated by SWiSHmax or the javascript on these 2 pages.

www.powerball-club.com/exercises
    www.powerball-club.com/petanque

I have an article coming out in a national sports magazine on february 8th so I am desperate to solve this issue. I tried in the swishzone forum but the only reply I got was to try Flash Release which corrupted the text on the page and made all the swf's totally invisible.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
    IP

Default Re: Navbar issue (urgent)

Read this,as of april this issue will be undone by Microsoft

Hans

http://forums.swishzone.com/index.php?showtopic=35036
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by haakoo View Post
    Read this,as of april this issue will be undone by Microsoft

Hans

http://forums.swishzone.com/index.php?showtopic=35036
    Thanks Hans but that has nothing to do with this problem. I repeat, the navbar works fine in all my pages except for those two and it's exactly the same swf. Therefore the problem must lie in the HTML code or javascript on those pages although both are entirely different. I'm convinced there is some kind of conflict, otherwise the navbar would not work on any of the pages.
    IP

Hi Powerball and Welcome,

I can't say that I understand your promblem from your first post. Could you explain what the problem is in more detail?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Hi Powerball.

If you were using Flash I would say try exporting your swf lower version of actionscript or Flash player version. I've had links behave like you describe only to have them corrected by bumping back a version or so.

Best of luck!

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi Powerball and Welcome,

I can't say that I understand your promblem from your first post. Could you explain what the problem is in more detail?
    The Navigation bar, found under the header, has navigation buttons on it. While they all change to red when hovered over, they do absolutely nothing when clicked on however, this applies only to the 2 pages mentioned in my original post. Furthermore, it seems to apply only to IE 6.0 because they do work in Firefox, and I am told they also work in IE 7.0.

The swf used on those pages is the same on all other pages of the site, which can be accessed using the text links at the base of the page. Therefore logic dictates that the navbar should definitely work on the two affected pages also. As this is not the case, I believe there may be a conflict in the html or javascript used on those pages.

For example, www.powerball-club.com/petanque has a 3rd swf on it in the form of a magazine display. Perhaps the html code for that has an instruction that conflicts with the code used by the navbar? I don't understand code so I'm unable to see it if there is such a conflict. On the other hand, there is also a web form using javascript commands. I doubt that has anything to do with the problem but I pose the question because like all the other pages on the site, www.powerball-club.com/exercises has no other swf's other than the header however, it does have some javascripted buttons.

That's it in a nutshell. I can see no reason why the navbar is not working on these 2 pages and would be most appreciative if someone could identify the cause please.
    Last edited by Powerball-Club; 02 February 2008 at 08:34 AM.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by RedWombat View Post
    Hi Powerball.

If you were using Flash I would say try exporting your swf lower version of actionscript or Flash player version. I've had links behave like you describe only to have them corrected by bumping back a version or so.

Best of luck!
    Hi RedWombat, I made this navbar using SWiSHmax, not Flash. I posted in this forum as it is the only one here dealing with Flash.
    IP

Hi
    I noticed that the 2 pages that your referring too, have no www. Prefix on them when loaded I wonder if that is causing the problem?
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by manny2k View Post
    Hi
    I noticed that the 2 pages that your referring too, have no www. Prefix on them when loaded I wonder if that is causing the problem?
    Bravo manny!! I had never noticed that and indeed, when you add back the www. the navbar works as it should. That's very strange!

The question is, what do I need to do to make the page load with the www. in the address because as it stands it's already in the link provided? In other words, what is in the html code of those 2 pages that is making the loaded page remove the www. ?
    IP

Powerball,

I'd say that the problem is almost certainly what RedWombat suggests, the fact that the swf's are published in Flash 9. I don't know SwishMax but Flash has the option in the publishing dialogue to choose whichever player version you want. I'm sure SwishMax will have the same type of option. Try Flash 6 or Flash 8 and see if that sorts out the problem
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gif.gif 
Views:	218 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	45025  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP